Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Drag Racing Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-09-2001, 08:50 AM
islcuda

Thumbs up

Well the day arrived, finally got the wife to go for a drag. She isn,t comfortable with the 71 340 4spd demon yet so she took the 73 cuda with the automatic. Both the cars are similar in horsepower around 400, so hey lets go. Well , off the line its pretty even, but the dam demon won,t hook up, 1st, fry the tires second oh no blew a shift, try to catch up, no way blew it. Okay, we gotta do it again, she,s got a grin from ear to ear let me tell ya. Okay here we go vroom off we go even shift , oh no loosing cant catch the cuda, but near the end, slightly gaining with the demon but just cant catch her in time. Now she won,t give it back, what to do. I guess I gotta make the demon faster, lol. Oh well just thought i,d let this info out cause hey what a blast. but hey all in all it was close, about 1 car length. The cuda has the rpm manifold while the demon has the tourqer1, so maybe thats the difference, cause as we were moving the demon was waking up, but also with the 4 spd, first and second does a lot of spinning. Practice makes perfect hey, I think for sure we will do it again. have a great day everybody. Tim and Linda Walton
Old 04-09-2001, 09:38 AM
Inactive User

Default Your In Trouble now

She's hooked!
You'll never get her out of the drivers seat now....you liable to spend the rest of your life Crew Chiefing for the "Boss"
Hahahahahaaa
I never let "She Who Must Be Obeyed" in the drivers seat...I know she'd never give it back
Don
Old 04-09-2001, 04:48 PM

There is a husband & wife team that run a 340 68 Dart at the track I run at. At first, the husband had the driving duties, but he didn't do all that well. He couldn't get the lights down consistently enough to be competitive. So he decided he was going to let the wife take it down once so she get a feel for what it was like to drive the car. To make a long story short, they are having more success with her behind the wheel. He has been demoted to "pit crew". Everyone is always hassling him about it. He says as long as she keeps the winnings rolling in, she can just keep right on driving the car. What ever works I guess. I don't care how much better my wife might be, she can go get her own car, the Challenger is mine.

Sly
Old 04-11-2001, 03:27 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation Going, going, gone!!!

Tim,
I hope you really like the Demon, 'cause I know about wives and 340 Cudas, first hand!!! You'll just have to learn to enjoy the Cuda from the passengers seat, or from under the hood!!
Lose the original torker on the Demon, it's a terrible choice for 340s, get an M-1 or actually just about anything else will be an improvement!!
Old 04-14-2001, 12:43 AM

is there a lovers lookout near by.buy a six-pack, take her up their get her tipsy and tip her over the edge and get your car back. you can learn to cook,and a garage is a plenty fine place to sleep,right next to the hotrod.lol waynebo
Old 04-15-2001, 09:26 AM
islcuda

Cool Great Responses

Hey, great responses guys, some good ideas too, lol. all in all though we had a great time and she is really getting hooked on racing. Shell come around to the demon as it,s getting prettier everyday. I guess in the end I will have to paint it pink lol. Have a great easter. Tim & Linda