Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-10-2001, 04:09 AM
DaPurpleRT

Don't laugh too hard at my kills guys, I am just excited because these are my first kills from anything but a dead stop. My brother has been driving for most of my truck's kills, but not today!

1. Well, first off, I was rollin down an old two-lane that used to be a major route and is now just a secondary way to the highway, Well, I see this Chevy 5.3 Regular Cab Longbed tailing me, I run away from it several times, then head to the 4 line, it follows. She stays nback for awhile, then goes to pass, she gets up beside me and sits there, so I goose it a lil, next thing I hear the 5.3 ROAR to life, I follow suit and put at about 3 lengths on her from 65-80. I then raced her again anbd only managed a fender before I had ot let off due to traffic. Oh yeah, and the truck was from the local CHevy dealership, it's on of their business trucks. LOL They're based out, crank windows, lightest wheels, cassette stereo etc with the 5.3 in em. This was fun, but my truck is losing some topend, so I didn't kill it as bad as I'd hoped. On top of the TPS likely being shot, it was 90 degrees today. YIKES!

Next, I am driving down in the slow lane and a little Del Sol blarin' his stereo pulls up, the guy looks over and they hang there an don't pass methey rev it up, and I hear the sickening moan of a TURBO being spooled up! I say, oh shit, and turn my A/C and OD off at this point. He goes then I follow. Damn, this lil bitch was pretty fast. I only pulled half a truck on it in a 60-80 run before I had to let off due to traffic. Surprised the hell outta me when I had heard the turbo then saw it go. LOL!

Hopefully after a visit to my friendly dealer tomorrow, I'll have full power back and hunt some more worthy kills down.