Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-15-2001, 02:21 AM
Self proclaimed expert

Angry

I apologize if I offend anyone. I have been participating in a discussion in the Ram forum and have just got to vent. I'm sure some will agree with me and some will disagree. I respect your opinion no matter how wrong you may be and have taken an oath to defend your right to be wrong, with my life. Feel free to say what you want.

Hearing about how great Toyotas are makes me want to puke. I avoid Japanese cars when I can. Not just because of my intense disgust with the conduct of the Japanese government and people in the past, but due to the complete cheapness of their cars and trucks.
You can justify yourself by saying "That was 50 years ago. The people in Japan are different now." Ok, so some Japanese officer is 20 years old in 1943, He bayonets babies for practice while he and his buddies rape the mother, He executes prisoners out of boredom or lack of respect for any non Japanese. Those prisoners who aren't killed are tortured and used as slave labor. Fast forward, Now he is 80 years old and he and his family are rich because he helped build the cars you love so much from companies that used Allied POWs as slave labor.

No, I wasn't there. My grandfathers were though. One left for the pacific with jetblack hair and returned with his hair white from the things he saw, It never went back. You can ask my Grandfather in-law about what it's like to shoot a young girl because Japanese soldiers sewed a bomb into her belly while she was alive and then sent her to the american lines. He won't want to tell you about it though. And you can bet he only drives Chrysler products just like my other grandfather drives Chevies and Caddilacs. You can also ask the older people of Guam and the Phillipines, Korea and China, Ask them about Japanese hospitality.
NO, not all Japanese soldiers participated in these crime, just most of them. And no, all Japanese businessmen aren't war criminals. Enough of them and enough of their companies are, for me to think twice before sending my money to Japan. I have no deep love for Germany either, but they build much better cars than the Japanese and I can't deny that a Mercedes kicks the crap out of a Lexus.

The Japanese got rich in the 70's and 80's when so many of us had no Idea what was going on in the world. We quit buying American cars and then complained because American companies laid off thousands of workers and the economy went down the toilet. Ofcourse, we were sending all our money to Japan and Germany but we blamed everything on Washington and Detroit. It's still happening though. You can buy a cheap, efficient, reliable car off any american car lot right now. Most people don't though. Why? They have been brainwashed, plain and simple. People believe that American cars are inherent gas guzzlers and are unreliable and that Foreign cars are reliable and always get better mileage.

Even in the 80's when people were really getting the finishing touches to their brainwashing by selling their children on Japanese cars, you could get faster 4bangers from American companies (2.2 Turbos/4cyl turbo mustang) And you could get comparable gas mileage, or you could buy a diesel LUV truck and get 50miles per gallon (atleast it was sold as American). I know of a guy with around 300,000miles on one and he still drives it. No, they weren't great cars, but neither was the crap from Japan. Look at how many american cars you see from the 60's 70's 80's. How many Japanese cars do you see that are more than 10 years old???

I was there for the 80's and saw people telling their children (myself included) that Japanese cars were great. My family never really preached it but I heard it enough at other kids houses. Even then though, Japanese cars just didn't feel right.
I drove an Eagle Talon for a while and was amazed that people payed more for the Mitsubishi Eclipse even though they were almost identical. People that owned Eclipses complimented my Talon on how nice a car it was and then would tell me they couldn't trust an American car. IT'S THE SAME CAR!!!!!

I have just shipped my truck to the states and will be driving a Sentra for the next week. I do not enjoy it. The more I drive it the better I feel about buying a big expensive gas guzzling AMERICAN truck made in WARREN MICHIGAN!!! I think Chevies are junk but they are ten times better than any foreign truck I've ever driven. Call me what you want, But I am an AMERICAN. I want a baked potato covered in butter, sourcream and bacon with my bloody 20oz steak and I know that Vanilla Icecream on Hot applepie can induce a drug like euphoria. I know that watching a bunch of guys stand around in the dirt and scratch themselves is pointless and not real exciting, but Baseball is OUR game damnit!!! And I know that having 300ftlbs of torque at just above Idle is a beautiful thing, and it's OUR thing!!
God bless America and God bless my 2tons of AMERICAN steel!!!!!
Old 04-15-2001, 08:57 AM
Inactive User

I wouldn't own one either......but Toyota has plants here in the states and employs thousands of AMERICANS (which I hope are spending their wages to buy american,whenever possible).
I work for one of these subsideraries that make engine parts and our products are exclusivley used in theU.S. and canada.Our products are far superior to our jap. rivals.Unfortunatly the bulk of the profits go overseas.
Botom line.....Please don't totally dis on Toys some keep Americans working.
I know nothing of the japanese people except they are a very patient bunch and that sometimes scares me.
p.s.I am not offended and don't want to start anything,thought you might want something to discuss in the jungle.U.S.A U.S.A. U.S.A........ :-)
Old 04-15-2001, 10:36 AM
Inactive User

GUAM,I agree 1000%,and could not have said it any better!
The japs may have lost the "battle",but they are now winning the "war".

TWO BOMBS WERENT ENOUGH

REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR

BUY AMERICAN
Old 04-21-2001, 08:02 PM
truck

asian cars seem way too small
and i hear kia is the worst for safety
Old 04-22-2001, 08:07 AM
ram1500

Biggrin

On the other hand Toyotas DO make great beer cans!!!!! LMAO
Old 04-22-2001, 09:08 AM
Inactive User

Guam, I'm with ya all th way, Bro! You really do realize a few things when you serve. My brother (also USAF) doesn't really like his Eclipse anymore, but he loves his 79 Malibu!
Old 04-23-2001, 05:46 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up HEAR HEAR!!

That about sums it up! I can't stand the hype about Yodas.
Old 04-24-2001, 09:56 AM
Inactive User

Cool

JAP CRAP!!!!!.....NUFF SAID!!
Old 04-25-2001, 11:44 PM
Inactive User

Should I go into my "Reasons not to buy a Tundra"? HAHAHA. Nah, we all know why. All I gotta say is I can't stand all the Goofy McNutts and Billy Badasses out there driving them. Where's the HD models? There ain't none!! LMFAO!!