Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Diesel & Turbo Diesel Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-19-2001, 07:04 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Well, after 2 years of being pissed at dc., and a little friendly(I hope it was friendly) bashing on here, I decided to do shit on my own. I dropped in a K&N, put on Jardine exhaust, and an EZ box. My mileage went up to 18.4 on the first tank bucking a pretty strong wind. The power increase is unfu--ing believable. I'm going to Iowa tomorrow and coming back Mon. Will post results when I get back. Next comes stage II injectors. Like someone before me has said "nothing beats the smell of DIESEL SMOKE in the morning".
Old 04-21-2001, 06:22 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Greasemonkey,,,,Well I hate to say its about time,BUT,here goes,,ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!,,Kind ribbing is all in good fun,we were just trying to get the help you seeked to you,,Just think all that power available and you have only tapped the source,,As the BOMBing mission continues you WILL run into peaks and valleys along with some frustration(skinned knuckles and all),,Any help any of us can be I'm certain we will,,Just remember this one little statement::::I AM MY OWN WARRANTY STATION!!!!!!,,Now with that said I know my customer service is alot better than the dealers as you can attest to also,,Seems like we do a better job on our own than with their "5 star service",,Anything I can do to help just email me,,Remember::::::LONG LIVE THE THUNDER TRUCKS!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2001, 11:12 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Sorry it's been awhile since I said I was going to reply, but we are trying to get ready to farm up here in Dakota. My trip to Iowa was great. I drove 75 on cruise going down and got 20.5 miles per gallon. That was even after my son-in-law played with the truck for about an hour before I filled it up. Coming back, we had a 40 gusting to 55 mile an hour head wind to Souix Falls. Then we hit snow from 3 to 10 inches for 65 miles that kept the speed down to 25 to 40 in one lane only traffic. We still had a 30+ northwest wind the rest of the way home and still averaged 16.5. Before and after the snow I drove 70 to 75 against that wind too. I am impressed! Thank you guys for making me hang in there. I always did love the truck, I just hated what dc. did to it. Well f#%k dc. Thanks again, Greg.
Old 05-15-2001, 09:35 AM
Inactive User

dumb question?? what is an EZ box one of your old girlfriends or what?? just kidding about he GF
Old 05-15-2001, 08:16 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin That was no EZ box, that was my sister:D

irbchman,
ROTFLMAO That was a good one

Edge Products make's the EZ. One of many "Performance" boxes that adjusts fueling and/or timing that will increase HP and Torque to the sleeping giant Cummins.

Edge has 3 to choose from. There are other aftermarket manufacturers that have similar products such as, BD's PlugnPlay (aka: van Aakens), DD's timing module (customed to go with their injectors) and many more.

Some say the PE EZ is one of the best. Study and judge for yourself.
Old 05-16-2001, 08:15 AM
Inactive User

Yo big daddy, I ain't to sure what rotflmao means but thanks for the link Just what I need a new place to spend more money. My wife thinks I am nuts anyway so now I can prove it by hopping up my motorcoach. Gotta Love It Baby!!!
Old 05-16-2001, 08:28 AM

Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off is what is stands for.
Old 05-16-2001, 08:36 AM
Inactive User

I get it, That wuz funny too!! Hey you got any simple mods for a newbie like me?? I know my air filter is one of those canister types, I am sure if I replaced it with a high flow type (k&n) or something, that would surely help the breathing. Will be looking into a different exhaust as well. I know the stuff ain't cheap though. Today being my B'day I feel a huge urge to spend money on (as my wife says) useless stuff.
Old 05-16-2001, 08:37 AM
Inactive User

prostock, are you the guy with 340 in your 69 cuda??