Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-21-2001, 10:07 PM
HOT ROD JOHN

Unhappy

GOT HOME FROM WORK YESTERDAY THRASHED IN THE GARAGE TILL 10.30 GOT THE REAR END IN THE CAR, LASHED THE VALVES,RESTRICTED THE OIL TO THE INDY HEADS, LOADED THE CAR,GOT FIVE HOURS OF SLEEP, CALLED ROUTE 66 IN JOLIET FOUND OUT THEY OPEN AT 9 AM, DRIVE TO ROUTE 66 (62 MILES EACH WAY), SIT IN LINE TO WAIT TILL THE GATES OPEN,8.55 A GUY COMES OUT AN SAYS"CLOSED TODAY THERE IS A FRONT EXPECTED TO COME THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON!!!!!" CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT "THIS AFTERNOON" IT'S NINE IN THE MORNIG. SO MY WIFE AND I DRIVE TH GREATLAKES DRAGWAY (50 MILES FROM MY HOUSE BUT NOW ITS 110 MILES AWAY BECAUSE I WAS IN JOLIET NOW!) AND MADE SEVEN PASSES MIND YOU IT NEVER RAINED A DROP NO FRONT NO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREW THAT PLACE I HOPE NEVER TO DARKEN THERE NASCAR DOORSTOP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2001, 11:30 PM
Big Tuna

Unhappy Sad but true!

Unfortunalely, this goes on all the time out there. They did the same thing last year to the "Hammertown" race. (A charity race) They called it at 7:30am because they said it was too cold. Ray Helms moved the race to Byron and they got it in. 66 didn't even put on the recorder that it had been called and wouldn't answer the phones. As you stated, it was never that way before NASCAR bought the place.
Old 04-24-2001, 09:29 AM
ram1500

The track where we race never calls a race untill the rain starts falling, and that's the way it should be. Sure the forecast may show a chance of rain, but no matter if the sky is black or not, we don't stop running untill those raindrops hit the dragstrip. There have been days when things looked terrible but we still got the race in on time.
Old 04-25-2001, 09:18 PM
Big Tuna

Wink Wanna hear something funny?

I was at the Chicagoland Mopar Connection meeting last night and some of my racer buddies were telling me that they called the track on Saturday and the recorder said they were open, when the track was closed. They called out there Sunday when it WAS raining, and the place was open!
Old 04-25-2001, 10:41 PM
HOT ROD JOHN

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN TALKING TO DON. HE CALLED ME ABOUT THAT. LATER