Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-22-2001, 08:06 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Wow, check these puppy's out! These 2 Durango's do not have your run of the mill lift kit. They are completely custom with solid front axles and 3/4 ton hardware and nets them between 6.5 and 7.5" of lift to fit 35" sneakers!

Gotta love it!

Below gregZ's Durango:

Below is from Michael Alexandra's Durango:

Can you say ARTICULATION!

Ron Wilson
Old 04-22-2001, 09:45 PM
Tree Hugger

I read a Four Wheeler magazine several months back that featured a lifted Durango. If I'm not mistaken, the guy was running 38's with a Tuff Country lift, a body lif and some fendef trimming. If I can find the article, I'll scan it and put it up.

John
Old 04-24-2001, 07:44 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Another shot of Gregz's D!

Ron Wilson
Old 04-24-2001, 10:14 PM
Inactive User

Yet another shot!

Ron Wilson
Old 05-07-2001, 02:02 AM
Inactive User

Default Lifting an R/T [Thoughts]

I would just like to say that lifting an R/T TOATLLY defeats the purpose of an R/T. The R/T is a PERFORMANCE truck. You absolutly LOOSE performance when you lift it. If you want to lift it you should buy an SLT+!
These are just my thoughts!
Old 05-07-2001, 08:10 AM
Inactive User

OutlawD

The facts are that the RT package's performance is very lame. The rated 5 HP which differentiates the SLT+ and RT is due to the mopar cat back system and performance muffler that you get. In 2001 you don't even get the benefit of the PCM on 4X4 models. Sure you get some other minor enhancements like a stiffer shock package and swaybar, along with some upgrade tires...

The only reason I went with the RT was due to the 2 tone RT interior and swuede inserts. Thats all. Personal preference so to say. My "real" performance additions will be made with aftermarket parts and should get me over 300 hp.

So, to sum up, buying an RT for solely for its performance is really marketing hype not a good buy. For the 1300 or so you pay you can do better if you bought the SLT+ and bolted on some aftermarket go-fast parts.

There are a couple of other things that were included in the RT group that I would have purchased anyway like the limited slip and such.

Anyway, makes whole lot more sense than a lowered 4x4 now doesn't it To each his own....

Ron Wilson
Old 05-07-2001, 02:27 PM
Inactive User

Default More...

Yes I do know the RT's package is somewhat lame. I was hoping it would be a 2wd like its Dak brehteran. But no luck there! There were no 2wd D's at the dealer so I just went with the R/T. But I will be getting a black 2wd that I will airbag (Ajustable suspension) and fully engine mod to get me way over 450 hp
Old 05-07-2001, 05:56 PM
Inactive User

Hmmmm, I know what you mean. I was watching Car & Driver (I think!) yesterday where Mopar was showing a complete Dakota package that includes a new Hemi crate motor, beefed up trans and driveline, new frame and more. This is for real and they say will be priced less than 20K.... Looks like Dodge will be truly bringing back the muscle car days with this package rolls of the line!

Ron