Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-27-2001, 10:01 PM

Unhappy

k, i needed a new clutch. period. i ruined my pressure plate and disc. i had a borg and beck three finger pressure plate and the friction disc was fudged.

i order a high performance clutch kit from UAP and i recieved it. beofer i installed it i had called them and asked them to repeat the part number for the clutch to me beofer i went ahead and installed the wrong one or something. they repeated the number of the clutch, it matched up i was on my way.

the friction disc and throwout bearing seemed to match up fine the pressure plate comparison was hard to make because the new was was the diaphram type ( new style)

everything went in without a hitch.
BUT now when i try to adjust my clutch for freeplay, the pedal just shoots to the floor and i have to use my feet to get it to come back up... what is going on? if i adjust the clutch linkage all the way out (no freeplay whatsoever) i can drive the car just as long as i dont press the clutch all the way to the floor. but if i adjust it in for any freeplay at all, it seems as soon as i touch the damn pedal it just shoots to the floor..... HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!
Old 04-27-2001, 10:21 PM
Inactive User

check your clutch pedal return spring. the big heavy duty spring at the top of the pedal arm. if you dont have one, get one. it will pull that pedal back to normal.
Old 04-27-2001, 10:45 PM

Default but if the clutch worked fine before why would i need one now? n/m

but if the clutch worked fine before why would i need one now?
Old 04-27-2001, 11:36 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Your,clutch is going over center due to the clutch throw out bearing be the same size (height) as the original which now makes it to tall and over centers the diaphram style pressure plate.
Old 04-29-2001, 10:14 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

Make sure your clutch fork assy and clutch shaft linkage assy are also in good condition.