Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Drag Racing Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-28-2001, 10:43 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Why don't they have their Neons yet.They just keep getting farther behind weekly. If they don't get them soon they will start not gualifying..The GM bunch are getting a handle on the new cars I really don't understand why they don't have them yet . is it money or is it just bad planing again???????????????????????
From the last release Ricky Smith said they would have
theirs by Bristol, so that would tell me Dodge Boys would
have theirs sooner.. Wrong , why is it so hush hush!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2001, 11:23 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down Neons not up to (Mo)par

I can't understand why you'd be supprised!!
This has been a recuring theme for the Mopar Perf. Pro Stock team in the Lou Patane Era. He shoots off his mouth, makes emotional, off the hip decisions(signing John Nobile fiasco..Larry Nance fiasco...NOT supporting Alan Johnson)
Lou Patane is constantly opening his mouth and promising more than the Nickens team has the talent to deliver...not saying they don't have talent, but no pro-stock team has the talent to match Patane's Ego!!
My guess is that several of the Neons are finished, have been shook down extensively, and are simply not performing up to current pro-stock standards!!
Patane's other trade-mark move is when something goes wrong..lie, misdirect, make excuses, whatever means is neccessary to shift blame from himself, or Nickens and Morgan. I'm sure it will all be Alan Johnson's fault!!!
Meanwhile Alan Johnson takes the crap and underhanded tactics Patane dishes out (Outlawing his engine program) keeps his mouth shut and goes out and deliers results...Bottom line is Mopar Performance needs to Fire Lou Patane and his "personal vendetta" against the real mopar enthusiasts (Alan Johnson) and bring the Johson Mopar back in the family where they belong!!!!
Old 04-28-2001, 04:09 PM
Big Tuna

Wink After three rounds at Bristol.....

AJ is number 8, Larry Morgan and Mark Osborne are 13 & 14.
I have never seen a new car debut so tightly controlled as this. I haven't even seen a "spy" photo.
Old 04-28-2001, 06:07 PM
Inactive User

Lou Patane hasn't had anything to do with Mopars racing since the beginning of this year.The neons are finished,they are doing testing so that they are not behind a learning curve as the Jegs team was earlier.AJ's neon isn't ready yet.Also some of the lack of progress was due to the fact that there is not a 2dr neon in production,so the car was basically built from scratch.Just like the fact there isn't a 2dr Intrepid,but there is one in NASCAR.
Old 04-29-2001, 01:28 AM
Inactive User

Angry I agree

I would have to agree with Mopar Billy G. I have been a BIG Alderman fan for a long time, and I love Mopar's, so I have been cheering Allen Johnson on for several years now. To me this guy and his team work harder than anybody else in drag racing! They really want to win. I do not understand why the factory seems to turn there back on them. You would think that they would be happy that someone else has the intestinal fortitude to run a non General- Mistake vehicle!

What's Up?
Old 04-29-2001, 10:10 PM

From what I heard, they hope to have the Neon's ready for competition in 4 - 6 weeks.