Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-20-2000, 05:50 AM

Wink

Hey guys, I just wanted to pass along some info. Dont assume that when you buy something new, even from a reputable dealer, that it is correct. Measure it and double check it. I'm not insulting anyone here but I do know how easy it is to assume that everything is identical after maybe checking out only a coupe of components. I just purchased a cam, springs, retainers, shafts, and alum 1.5 roller rockers from Hughes. At first, the rollers gave me the proper lift of .539 after I checked the first 2, so I wasnt going to check any more. My son who just happened to be working with me at the time said, "thats not your style to not 100% check everything". So to humor him I did. Low and behold.....some of the rockers were way off with lifts of only .490. I called Dave Hughes and he immediatly took care of it because they are a first class outfit. I just wanted to tell you this so you may shed a few less tears in the future.....DAVE

------------------
Old 08-20-2000, 05:59 AM
Inactive User

A first class outfit would not treat customers the way dave has a way of doing,I have experianced it first hand and have talked to many others that have been treated badly there also,I for one would not spend a dime there "if" he had the best product at the best price,thank god thats not the case.