Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-02-2001, 01:39 AM
Inactive User

Cool

After a wonderfull weekend under the car... I pulled out the "micky mouse" linkage causing me down shift troubles....

put in a Z-Gate B&M Shifter.. what fun!! super simple.. the cable works like a charm! and Protection from sliding into reverse...

although... still havin tranny slippage.. always some hesitation and jitters off the start.. shifts fine.... if i lay on the pedal shell slip until i back off she grabs.... does it in any gear.... if im nice to her i can still drive all day..
so far tranny bands and torque converter are suspect...
changed tranny pan.. fluid isnt too bad.. not much debree.... Opinions still appreciated here...

went and grabbed my very own Grant GT Authentic "wood lookin" steering wheel.. looks great.. what a differece on the interior! plus took the steering wheel play down from 8" to 4 ".. think i need tie rods..

I recieved a lot of great info regarding tires ... I believe I have settled on 275/60 r15 in the rear and 225/60 r 15 in the front.. running 8" /15's all the way around..

next up...- more tranny work, car to be sanded and primered "again" this month.. traction bars... and..
ohh btw.. new front shocks.. hey all..
the ones on my 73 Charger are new but stock...
performance front end suspension... talk to me people..

Thanks again all of you...
Tear it up and enjoy your ride'
Old 05-02-2001, 03:18 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Front end shocks????? Stock ,huh? Kind of squshy?
I grab a set of the ones MoPar offer for my Cuda , for the rear. The catolog said for "Spirted driving"...hmmm,
THATS ME!! There preety good. They hold the road good.
Other mods.. well my frony end got a whole kit from PST. WOW!! is all I can say. Handles GREAT! The service was great.