Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-11-2001, 09:39 PM
Inactive User

Question

I know most people just have regular insurance to drive it but what if something happens at the track, do tracks have insurance to help you out? Or even on the street, I've got 10-12 grand in my car but if they only give me book value thats about $1200. My insurance company won't do special insurance on a car thats raced.
Just wondering.
Old 05-11-2001, 11:23 PM

71 Scamp, I just put insurance on my Street/Strip car today. I got to talking to my insurance man while I was there, and found out he is into Mopars. He has a fully restored 65 Fury with a factory 383 4Bbl and 4-speed.
Anyway I told him that I run my car at the strip, and no more that got that out of my mouth and he says "you know you're not covered at the race track". I did know that because it says in fine print at the bottom of the form you fill out at the track. As far as street driving, I have heard that there is some type of classic car insurance you can use and price is dictated by how much you think your car is worth, but I'm not sure where to check into this.
Old 05-11-2001, 11:34 PM
Inactive User

You can get "agreed value" insurance policies. The insurance company will usually require an appraisal. There are companies that insure only collector cars, musclecars, street rods, etc...Shop around though, restrictions vary greatly between companies. I don't think any will cover you while you are racing, but I'm not absolutely certain. Check Hemmings for collector car insurance or try online. Click the link then do a search of Hemmings site, keyword:insurance. It will bring up a couple pages worth of insurance vendors. Good Luck!

http://www.hemmings.com
Old 05-12-2001, 12:01 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation

71 Scamp, check out Hagerty Insurance. I don't have their 1-800 number offhand, but they have a website at www.hagerty.com . They go by owner declared value with no appraisal required. They also don't have a mileage limit like a lot of companies do. I doubt that their coverage will extend to the track. They seem to be pretty knowledgable people. When I got a quote from them I stated the value of my Cuda at $8,000, and the lady said that sounded kind of low for that car. I explained to her that it was still a work in progress, and she told me that I could raise the value later on with no hassles. They quoted me $157 annually at that value for full coverage with NO deductable! There's not a company in my area that can touch those kind of rates! The only thing they needed from me was two photos of the car, and a photo of my garage.
Old 05-12-2001, 12:06 PM
Inactive User

Thanks guys,
A guy at work just told me he's got $13,000 muscle car coverage for $9 a month and the only proof they need is pictures! I'll have to look into that . I guess your just S.O.L. if you smack into someones car at the track.

Darn Dart,
My intake is the performer rpm, I never did e-mail you successfully.