Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-13-2001, 08:55 PM
Inactive User

Question

hi guys anyone got any good info about bumpsteer ?? i'm running a superstock dart stock suspension except for tubular uppers.!
how much effect does it have to handling ?? and could it cause a push in the center ?
i'll have to find my sheet of what it is but if i rember it toed out 2x what i hear it should be on the RF IN COMP and toed in LF in rebound !!
anyone ever worked with a dart to correct the bump on one ?? any idea's ??
thanks for any input !!
great board
Old 05-14-2001, 07:39 AM
Inactive User

Generally, you want zero bump on the left front through 2" on compression and rebound on the left front, you want .020-.030" toe out per inch of compression on the right front for the full shock travel. Those are good numbers on dirt, don't know about pavement.
Old 05-16-2001, 02:58 PM
Inactive User

Pavement Set-up:
We run .030 to .035 out per inch of compression on the right front. Zero on the left in compression and rebound. This will definitely help control the push in the middle. Remember, Ackerman gain is the theory that you're working with here, so consider your static toe-out as part of the overall effect. We run 1/8 to 3/16 static toe-out.
If this set-up makes the car seem a bit loose at the transition point of entry to mid corner, then back off the static toe-out 1/16 inch or so. A little bit will make a noticeable difference.
All this info is based on a fast, 3/8 mile, progressive banked (9-12 degrees) paved track. 2600 lbs. Modified. 1.250 inch RF shock travel. I'm not sure how this set-up will work on the Dart, but I think you'll be headed in the right direction.