Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-14-2001, 05:47 PM
Don't buy no ugly Phord

Thumbs down

Well, I started working the night shift at one of the local Exxon Stations last night. 2 hours in some little %$^$^ in a FOrd Tempo gets 28 dollars in gas and does a drive-off!!!! Now don't think this just hurts the big gas company, it hurts us, the people working all night for 5.40 and hour! It just screws a lot up becuase you end up coming that short with your cash drawer, and if you don't call them in you get a nice fat write up, so that little blonde b!tch and her little FOrd Tempo got a nice call call and reported straight to the KSP! SOrry, had to vent. Just pissed me off! I don't thinkanyone here would do that, but remember just in case, you're not hurting Exxon or BP, or whatever, you're hurting that clerk that works their arse off for that measly 5.40 an hour!

Brian
Old 05-14-2001, 10:03 PM
Inactive User

Truckster, sorry to hear you got ripped. I don't think the average thief gives a second thought to who gets hurt..though people are going to find someone to blame for their actions. Some people rip off for the thrill, others because they don't have any $ and are desperate. Given the price of fuel, I would imagine there are going to be more desparate folks out there..how about making them pay before they can pump? Hope you have better days.
Old 05-15-2001, 04:58 AM
Banned

BLA....that sucks
I wish I could fill up my truck for $28 bucks it usually cost me over 50 for 93/94 grade!!!
Old 05-15-2001, 12:18 PM

A couple of years ago, when I was in Colorado Springs, I watched a kid fill up a five gallon can and walk away from the gas station. Nobody did a damn thing to stop him. When I finished paying for my purchase, I drove over to where he was heading and found a car that was out of gas and had a bunch of other teens around it.

I was going to head up the street and come back so I could get the plate number. As I was turning around I spotted to COS cops. I honked at them. One went up and stopped behind the car and the other stopped by my.

I told them what haad happened and he radio they guy that was already talking to the teens. They took that as an opportunity to search the vehicle as well. I watched for a couple of minutes while they were searching the vehicle. Along with getting them for a gas-n-go, they also found drugs in the car.

When I drove off, they had cuffed all of the kids and were awaiting backup, so they could transport them.

I forgot to mention the police department was about 1 mile (on the same street) from where they ran out of gas. About 1.5 miles from the gas station that they took the gas from.
Old 05-15-2001, 12:41 PM
Geek

One of my first jobs was working at a gas station. People used to fill up and run all the time! Finally the owner put dummy cameras out...That stopped a lot of it, but there was still the occasional brave one.

I guess it's something that will continue to happen for generation after generation. When will they learn that crime doesn't pay or does it?
Old 05-15-2001, 02:31 PM
Don't buy no ugly Phord

Well, this is interesting. Picked up the paper yesterday, people acused of drive-offs will now lose their license. it has become a bit of an epidemic with the current gas prices. I think they are going to let us start making them prepay now, that will definatly help Last night was a sloooow night, fine with me No drive offs! Oh, a funny one. WHen I was working at the Taco bell (same gas station) some guy who used to work their drove off with 24 dollars! Talk about really brve, or relly stupid. Came in 2 times the next day and decided the second time to say he forgot his checkbook. Riiiiight.

L8r, Brian
Old 05-15-2001, 02:54 PM
Inactive User

Chuck might relate...I haven't seen a pump first, pay second station out here in a long time. In fact, I can't remember the last time I even went inside a service station. Its all swipe card and fill. It eases the pain down to once a month when the bill comes in the mail...
Old 05-15-2001, 08:04 PM
Inactive User

Here in SC, its a one year suspension of your drivers license if you are caught doing that. Cameras at the pumps are a big thing down here.
Old 05-15-2001, 11:23 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin mopargeek

hey mopar geek i mean mopar girl how do you change the smiley faces?
Old 05-16-2001, 08:04 AM
Geek

Biggrin YELLOWFART

It's simple, Yellowfart, I mean, Yellowrt

When replying to a message, at the top you'll see a line that says," Post: HTML code is OFF. Smilies are ON. vBcode is ON." Click on the smilies link and it will pull up a box that shows you the codes for the smilies.

Or you can get some GREAT smilies from here:

http://www.smilecwm.com/

Which is down for the moment, but hang in there it will be up again! It's a VERY popular site.
Old 05-16-2001, 11:22 AM

Out here, in VA, they can revoke your DL and impose a fine.

You can pump first, but the pump is off, untill the attendant inside gets your plate number and activates the pump.

Myself, I use the old plastic method, and pay for it at the end of the month. My Shell card gives me a 5% discount when getting gas at a shell station and a 1% discount when I buy it anywhere else. A 5% discount may not be much but, it's better than a stick in the eye (or no discount at all).
Old 05-16-2001, 07:39 PM
Inactive User

Default mopargeek

thanks, i didn't know that. later matt aka yellowfart
Old 05-16-2001, 08:04 PM
Inactive User

V10, you're right- I haven't seen a "pay first" pump in a long time. I think there's a few independents that are set up this way. Do I ever see your car over at the Adams Ave. Donut shop on Sat. am?
Old 05-17-2001, 02:11 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

You would see my car there if I had one. I only have the truck now. I had a 65 skylark, but lost motivation to restore it (GM product). I sold it to a kid who promised to give it more love than I could. You might see a friend of mine at Adams who has a purple GTO and also just got a skylark convertible.

If/when/if ever I do get my dream classic it will be a 69 charger (440) or a 69 Riviera (455).

Do any Rammers ever show up?
Old 05-17-2001, 05:07 PM
Inactive User

I haven't seen any trucks. I'm one of a few mopar guys..For an informal event there are usually some interesting cars..lots of street rods. Mopar has had some of their concept cars there (a Hemi "Eight" & a Willys badged Jeep.) Ford had the new T Bird out a few weeks ago..I've seen a few goats but I'm not sure I've seen your friend's car.