Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-24-2001, 02:19 AM
Read : Untouchable

alright, coming home from my girlfriend's house in my cuda, get to this set of lights and a mercedes AMG (?) is sitting there, an older couple inside.
so, i pull up beside, no idea they were gonna race me.
anyways, the light goes green and the old man pins it...WELL HOLY SH*T!!!
i couldn't catch him...i have no idea why.
he stayed half a car length ahead of me the entire time...had i known he was racing i might have got him, but i hit it when i saw him hit it and i busted loose right there.

does anyone know how fast these cars are? how much horsepower they push, and why have i never seen one of these before?

thanx...kind of embarrassing, i really would like to correct my problem (SUPERCHARGER/FOGGER NITROUS SYSTEM!!!! YEAH!!!) so i don't lose to these...these... things anymore.
Old 05-24-2001, 02:46 AM
mad440sixpack

Arrow wierd hehe

Maybe he had some supercharger or something..highly doubt it though.i've had that happen to me before once,..some guy in a 2000 cadilac punched it off the line,but i didn't believe it and by the time i realized what happened he was already to ahead of me so i just let off and forgot about it.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:34 AM
Inactive User

If it was a 4 door big body then it most likely would have been an E55 AMG. They put out like 342hp or so. They are 5.5 stroker motors built off the 500SL 5.0 V8. Sent to AMG for a modified crank, and a bunch of other goodies. The top end is computer limited to 155 but they could do a little more than that. I believe if I remember correctly then run anywhere from low 14's to high 13's. By looking at thier 60fts, traction is thier biggest problem, well that and a heck of a lot of weight. Its the second quickest full size sedan only out done by the BMW M5.

Try pullin up next to a ML55 AMG! Its the SUV version with with the same stroker motor. It is the world's fastest production SUV pullin like 141mph!! Fast for a 4 door SUV. They run somewhere in the 14's depending on the driver. Too they suffer from a lot of weight. Not sure if the Typhoon is quicker in the quarter but I know the ML55 is on the top end.