Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-26-2001, 06:52 PM
Inactive User

Question

has anybody used any of these yet? and what gains should i see
Old 05-26-2001, 07:51 PM
Inactive User

TB Spacers are a waste of money! They dont do what they are supposed to. It would work on a carbed engine but not a Fuel Injected one
Old 05-26-2001, 07:56 PM
Inactive User

Flowmasters:
The only Flowmaster that I would ever use would be the 40 Series since it is the loudest one. But it is too quite for my taste, and Flowmasters sound to "Mustang-ish".
I like Spintech Race Mufflers, when coupled witha hig-flow cat. Many people think it is too loud for the street. Meaning it is louder than a ricers fart can. This is the perfect setup for me.
Air Intake:
I like the QuickD Performance ones but there has been many problems with shipping etc.. So I would have to chose the Intense Performance Stage II kit with the 9-in Big Mouth filter
Old 05-26-2001, 08:40 PM
Inactive User

Ponyboy,

1- TB Spacers - Most on the forum would agree with Outlaw, don't waste your money......

2- Flowmasters - If you have a RT, then just cutting in a muffler is OK, if its just a different sound your looking for. The pipes on the RT are already 3" mandrel bent. If you don't have an RT, then you would be better off with a complete cat-back system. As for which particular brand, it depends on what you like. All of the major manufacturers offer good product with compareable gains in this area (cat-backs) like Flowmaster, Gibson, Borla among many others. It really depends on the sound your looking for.

3- Intake Kits - There are good results reported from users from k & N, Air-Raid, QuickD, IP and others. Personally, I chose the IP Stage III for the looks and the cold-air performance. http://www.intenseperformance.com/pr...tense_air.html

Hope this helps!

Ron Wilson
Old 05-27-2001, 11:35 AM
WILL 98' slt blk 4x4

Last week when I installed the Fastman T/B, I took off my poweraid throttle spacer. Save your $100 & get a some kind of muffler. The spacer I beleive is a waste of money.

As for the intake I would get the Intense Per. stage III, I would really consider the K&N gen. II.
I have the airaid intake & I regret getting it. I didnt have the money for the k&n so I just settled for the airaid. Big mistake
Old 05-27-2001, 01:24 PM
Inactive User

Dont get the K&N they have had problems with the housings cracking. You will have to return it to K&N and they send you a new one. It is a waste of money and time. Get the IP Stage II