Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-27-2001, 10:11 AM
Inactive User

hello alli was just reading 69dart360's thread and he;s right so here's a race i just got into last night, in my area of florida we have saturday night street races from 11:30 to?. me and my buddy decided to put the slicks on the duster(360w/w-2 heads,582 solid,150shot of nos you get the pic) we go out to the races to see whats going on, now alot of the guys out there know my car, and its considered to be in the "fast group" so you typicaly get the same races week after week, on this night for some reason i was the only "fast" car from our area that showed, so were sittin there watching the imports run, and you hear a bunch of loud cars comming we figure it the other regulars, its not, apperantly some of the mustang owners in another town heard the we had some fast cars here and they wanted to see who's town was faster, there was about 8 or so of them. so they all pull in and park together, i gues they sent 1 guy out to see who was the fastest car out there, guess who they pointed him too. i looked to my buddy and said let the fun begin, i guess they lined me up with there slowest one first, didnt even have to work at it, had a length on him after first gear, one down. over the night i beat 4 of them, it got late and we were considering leaving, i guess the mustangs were holdng a ace in the hole (so they thought) this black and loud mustang rolls out on the track does a big burn out and sends one of his buddies over to see if i was interested, well i wanted to race this one from the beginning, i had been warned buy some of the import guys that the saw a blower, nitrous bottle and a cage, now my car looks stock besides the slicks and 3"exhaust. so i pull out and do a few dry hops, its hookin we line up and bring it up to 3000rpm, sound like his is a stick, arm drops and were off, i spin he hooks(damit i should have heated them better) so hes got a half alength on me im about the middle of 1st and i hit nos button..... its on, as i start to pass the mustang in second i hear what sounds like him hitting his nos but its too late i got him he man ages to stay at my rear bumper. when we get back he comes over an insists the he looks under the hood, so let him his face drops "i got beat by a smallblock" he asks whats in it ? i say u first, you name it he has it aluminum heads,vortech supercharger ect ect, i asked him if he sprayed it and he said yes of couse when it was my turn to tell i lied a little, i said all i have is .500" cam with standard ol iron heads nuthin special hehehehe it was soo sad watching them leave beaten by a old junk yard duster!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2001, 06:12 PM
Don't buy no ugly Phord

Hehe, way to show them some 360 power Good kill
Brian
Old 05-27-2001, 10:23 PM
Read : Untouchable

Default nice kill man!

nice to see those fellow mopar smallblocks laying the 'smackdown' on those fords.
that's gotta be a real fast ride you got there...hope you are unbeatable for a long time!

as for me, my street racing is over for a little while, at least in the silver car...there was a big car show in st albert today and i saw a few chevy guys who had wanted to race me but never saw me around
eventually, i got around to racing them, they were both big block camaros, one was a 427 and the other was a 454, the 454 went down easy but when i launched the car against the 427 i blew 650 dollars worth of clutch-type posi / bearings / synthetic gear oil out the back of my car, let alone a really expensive pair of 4.30 gears.
luckily, my axles and my pinion shaft are alright!
i think anyways.
either way i got pictures of the car now from the car show, so i'll scan them and put them on here right away.

see you around...and again, nice kill.
Old 12-22-2001, 07:51 PM
Inactive User

Default round 2

well the mustang was back this past weekend, guess who he came looking for? first race all motor, beat him by around a length. at the end he wanted to run on the bottle. i said ok. we go back and line up after opening the bottles. arm drops and were off, middle of first i hit the juice, i start pulling on him, well it must have pissed him off he hit his juice and ends up beating me by a length and a half. i guess you cant win them all. at the end we stoped and talked. it turns out the kid is pretty decent. he says he's be getting ribbed about losing to a mopar and he couldn't take it no more. he upped his nos jets to 250hp. well at the moment i have a 100hp shot so i challenged him to a race next week. but i didnt tell him what i was changing. i doubt he'll even show now that his friends will leave him alone. i'll update you guys if we run again.
Old 12-24-2001, 03:17 AM
Inactive User

Why are you lying? a supercharged, aluminum head (gt-40x), nitrous powered Mustang would destroy pretty much any 360 you threw at it. What a crock of crap dude. He's pushing anywhere from 450-600 horses, and his car is a lot lighter. Don't lie, it just makes you look dumb.
Old 12-24-2001, 04:20 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb Hold your little horsey there Fordboy!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesse
Why are you lying? a supercharged, aluminum head (gt-40x), nitrous powered Mustang would destroy pretty much any 360 you threw at it. What a crock of crap dude. He's pushing anywhere from 450-600 horses, and his car is a lot lighter. Don't lie, it just makes you look dumb.
If you saw his sig, you would notice a 10:1 360 with W2 heads and an Ultradyne 558 cam that has a 105LCA and 256@.050". Needless to say, this should put him in the 500hp range if he's done his homework with carb and exhaust.
Now add 100hp shot and your around 600hp. Put it in a 3400# car at 500ft and 75f you get a 10.6 if he's hooking up and has a decent converter.
Old 12-24-2001, 02:55 PM
Inactive User

Default Jesse

Jesse:

If your not a MOPAR enthusiast then why exactly on a MOPAR chat page. You ford lovers make no sense, shows how intelligent you have to be to drive a ford. I have seen a Dart that is semi-suped up take down some pretty "hot" fords. So thanx for the great story(truth) and keep em' coming.......... bust dem tangs'!

--------------------------------
1986 Dodge Ram 150 SE 360
1984 Dodge Ram 150 318
1985 Dodge Ram Custon Prospector 318
1996 Dodge Intrepid( that really busts a lot of stock imports)
Old 12-24-2001, 05:30 PM

Default haha

when i first bought my dart it had a fresh 9:1 318 with a 500 cfm 4 bbl on a factory intake with factory dual exhaust, 2.76 geared 7 1/4 inch rear and i could eat any pre-96 v8 mustang by about 2-3 car lengths.
closest race i had was a 96 gold edition 4.6L 5 speed, and i started pulling on him when we got to the 100mph range
ever since than i have had no respect for any ford product
Old 12-25-2001, 01:26 AM
Inactive User

jesse,
your kidding right? you sure dont know what mopars are do ya? go back to your stang site and stroke your self some more.

moparmanjames
thanks for the back up, car weighs 3100# with me in it 3500 stahl, a 585" cam and a well tuned 850 dp.

it seems that ford guys just dont know what W-2 means. i guess they cant be any good since there not aluminum.

btw, the w-2 are worked quite well, there the long valve style, most guy think the chrome moroso v covers are there cause i like the chrome(yuk), its because the stock covers sit around 2" off the head.
Old 12-25-2001, 02:42 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up I got your back man!

Yeah, Jesse sounds like a rice boy convert to the 5.0 crowd.
All talk and no homework makes Jesse a clown.
There are some fast 5.0's for sure, but it's still all in the combo and I think youv'e got that mustang covered duster360!
I love it when they see that it's "just an iron head smallblock"!
hahahahah!
Old 01-07-2002, 07:30 AM
Inactive User

Ummm.... No, not a Ford enthusiast. But I do own a Rustang. Ya, your car sounds nice, and I'm sure it's fast and all.....

But let's be realistic here. That assclown in the stang had no idea how to launch or drive. Supercharging a 5.0 which obviously has the whole cam, aluminum heads, nice fat intake runners, and not to mention large injectors with a high volume electric fuel pump, and oh yeah, a bad-ass Supercharger which adds more power depending on how efficient his engine is., etc etc.
Then there's the suspension work the guy better have to plant all that horsepower to the ground.

Bottom Line- If I was driving his supercharged Stang, I'd roast any 360 Duster, with or without nitrous.

Oh Yeah, Mopars are the ultimate. You should see the fights I get into on the Mustang boards, but I at least keep it civil.

Whoa whoa whoa.... I just notice the guy also had nitrous. Now, in order to have nitrous and a supercharger going at once. That guy has to have a professionally built, tough block. You also have slicks and didn't get the hole-shot. Man, I've never heard more bs in my life.

lets see a worked over 5.0 with all the extras - 400 hp
add a vortech S-trim supercharger - at least 200 hp
and probably a 100 shot of nitrous to be safe - 100 hp

add it up 700 hp, and probably 550-600 ft/lb of torque.

Since it has a cage, it must be running well under 11 seconds.

as much as I hate to admit how strong those Fords can run...
You're all confused
Old 01-07-2002, 08:44 PM
Inactive User

JESSI, first and formost, your asumming alot here, since when does a paxton type supercharger add 200 hp? ive, seen many supercharged butstangs running mid to low 13's at the track. and your also assuming my car is slow.in your opinion how fast do you think this mustang is? let me say this, i've beaten many a supposed 10 sec mustangs on the street. my car usually hooks and theres dont. ive also run a 9.50 69 camaro at the street races and didnt lose buy a whole lot. the differnce is, my car is setup right, tuned right, and my NOS system is done right. the only b.s. is comming from you.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Inactive User

Yeah, I suppose it's possible. I bet buddy found his 5 speed a little tricky. You sound like an experienced driver and the dude in the Stang probably isn't that great.

Also, his setup might not be tuned right. Oh yeah, what's that old adage?

It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar!

got any timeslips? I'm interested.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Inactive User

the last time i took it to the track with the new motor i trashed a fuel pump so i got a 3/4 run in. it ran a 12.05 @89mph . with the old motor (2.02 j heads .509 hyd cam, 9-0 comp) it ran a 11.22 on a 175 shot. 12.40 on the motor, right now it's running top notch but i have a new baby on the way so i'm not able to get to the track. as soon as i do i'll post times.
Old 01-10-2002, 12:23 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Jessy. I too feel your assuming too much. I have seen some awsome mustangs in my day, but just dumping a supercharger/Nos on doesnt automatically bless the owner with super tuning abilities and a great suspention. The 500.+ cam and W2 heads say ALOT. Thats good for mid to high 400hp on just a so so engine.
Mustangs cool, but we arnt on a mustang board are we??
MW
Old 01-10-2002, 05:59 PM
Inactive User

true, but I also own a Bustang as well as my Scamp. For sheer driving fun, I go with the 5 speed Mustang. For goofy, quirky fun, you can't beat a Mop.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:18 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin First On Repair Day (FORD)

Ever notice how when someone is wrong, they don't want to admit it?!?

This topic brings me back to watching the Fast and the Furious... great movie mind you but the import rice burners in there really sucked... When the garage door opened and they showed the black 70 Charger, I almost pissed in my pants. That sure as hell wasn't a stock 440... lol...

I did happen to notice though, when the Charger gets rolled off the semi, his blower is bolted to the hood and not the engine. The blower wouldn't buckle like it did if it were attached to the engine. So, what we have here is a beefed up 440 (not blown either), has to be running NOS and most likely racing fuel.

Take the Orange ricer... we know it was running NOS from watching them build up the car. What amount of shot, we don't know, but the Charger roasted his ass....

'Nuff said....

Mopower or No Power....

Later,

Mike
Old 01-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Inactive User

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesse
For goofy, quirky fun, you can't beat a Mop.

WTF?!?!?!?!

Goofy quirky fun.... Mopars aren't for goofy quirky fun...

You're gonna be in some deep shit if you don't get your feelings about Mopars corrected soon....

Mike
Old 01-17-2002, 02:31 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

JEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ....got a strong point of View Lemonboy69..
LOL
Old 01-17-2002, 05:54 PM
Inactive User

ok, I meant the slant six. It's a quirky little motor that won't quit. Everything else 318 to 440 is fun.

Is that better Lemonaid idiot ?
Old 01-17-2002, 06:02 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

DOnt give in Lemon, dont give into your anger young Jedi...Dont give into the dark side...
Old 01-17-2002, 06:03 PM

Default haha

ok, that was the most immature thing you could have said (Jesse), besides saying that a phord could take a mopar in any instance
and as far as the movie goes, you better rewatch it, because that's a hemi...and it loses to the supra at the end...watch when they cross the tracks, they make the supra about a foot ahead.
i am willing to bet that not one of the cars on that show actually had even half of the modifications listed throughout that movie; why would they actually put nitrous on those cars if they can make them look fast by screwing with the video. that's basically the reason the movie sucked so much is because it was all camera tricks.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:05 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

haha, c'mon Lemonaide car buyer's guide..... What are ya, yellow?

HAHAHHAHHA

sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 01-17-2002, 06:05 PM

About the movie scene from "The Fast and the Furious: Lemonboy, did you think just maybe the car they rolled for that scene might have been a different one than they showed in the garage scene? It is a movie, remember? Plus it is kind of ignorant to compare a movie scene to what should or could have happened in a real life dragrace. And lighten up on the "Your'e gonna be" crap. From what I can tell Jesse is a MoPar fan, maybe not first and foremost like me but a fan none the less. It just takes longer with some to see the light (Had to put that in there Jesse!).
Old 01-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Inactive User

WOW some of you guys are more pissed then the guy was when i beat him the first time. i love it. i heard the buick guys whined alot on this site but no one barked about the post i put on when i spanked a G N. i think i do too much street racing. oh well as long as i win most of them. also about the "fast and the furious" the movie sucked but at least they made it so that the charger spit a rod or somthing so the supra would keep up. word has it the charger was a 383 4bbl nothing fancie. the pic of the motor in the car in the garage wasent even in a charger. thats the rumor any way.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:34 PM

This is not meant to upstage your exploits, just more ammo to shoot back at the 5.0 guys: I posted this true story a while back in another thread but it is so relevent here and now (you can see this bad-boy wagon right now in the Rumors and Gossip forum under "Are station wagons coming back").

Too cool! My brother did that (cooled down a "hot" Mustang 5.0)to a "legendary" Mustang around here a while back. This Mustang was generally regarded on the street as unbeatable. It's engine was modified heavily (heads, etc...) and supercharged. My brother hears about this guy from some of our car club guys and decides he will go to our clandestine 1/4 mile spot on the next Saturday night session. My brother's car is a 1969 Dodge Coronet Station Wagon. The drivetrain is a '71 naturally aspirated and not-on-the-juice 440 and automatic, big cam, headers, 4.30 gear, huge flowmasters, etc. It is Plum Crazy and has the 6pak hood, pretty intimidating. The race is picked and they stage. There is a full 1/4 mile marked off but the spectators are mostly at the halfway point. It was a good fair start, both cars left at the same time. Well, the station wagon pulls a whole wagon length (which is about 2.5 Mustang lengths!) and then some right out of the hole. Meanwhile the Mustang is trying to get into its' power band. The Mustang begins to slowly crawl along side -- it was about even at the 1/4 mile BUT all the Mustang guys buddies could see was the STATION WAGON way ahead when they went by. I gotta tell you that story hit the streets and anytime that summer that my brother's wagon was cruising all these Mustangs would honk and point and wave and give the old thumbs up! Another Mustang legend bites the dust....!
Old 01-18-2002, 12:00 AM
Inactive User

all i can say is WoW!! i love station wagons, cool story too
Old 01-18-2002, 03:08 AM
Inactive User

HAHAHHA, and I beat a 426 hemi Cuda in my 3 cylinder firefly. We were at the local road/strip, and when the light turned green, my firefly got a 3 car length jump on the Cuda. THe Cuda sat there and spun, then slid into a ditch. The Fly won, and now everyone around here looks away when I cruise up beside them at a light.

They know it's "Unbeatable"

Old 01-18-2002, 08:09 AM
Inactive User

you just dont know when to quit do ya? gee some how i would bet your firefly would smoke your butstang too huh. and i'm sure there are other reasons people look the other way when you pull up. how old are ya jessi? 16?
Old 01-18-2002, 11:02 AM

At least the Mustang guys around here know what is real and what isn't, just ask the ones that witnessed the actual event and spread the word ...