Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-27-2001, 09:25 PM
Inactive User

Angry

I have had this problem before when i first got my "D". now that we have had all this much needed rain here in the Northeast, my door locks are acting up again..... I know about a year ago or so i had posted the problem but since had no problems with them...... Anyhow does anyone at this point have a solution to this door lock problem??? Oh by the way th door locks lock and unlock by them selves, when they feel like, i have to actually take out the 20 amp fuse so they wont act up... I was hoping there was a TSB on this problem......
Thanks in advance Bob......
Old 05-28-2001, 08:03 PM
Inactive User

Bob,

I checked around and have not heard of any TSB's for it. You have moisture getting in somewhere. Did ya bring it back to the dealer?? You may just want to get them to take a look see. Pay particular attention to the terminals to check for any corrosion. The problem is, it make be any switch panel thats causing it, but I would start with the drivers side front......

If that dosen't work, we can always call in an Exorcist. Dodge, Dodge, make it stop, make it stop...

Ron Wilson
Old 05-28-2001, 10:52 PM
Inactive User

LOL Ron, i did have this problem when i first got my "D", i brought it back to the dealer and they changed all 5 lock modules and said that moisture had gotten into on but was not detected.... It has happened twice since they replaced them but only lasted about a day or so, ( i just pulled the 20 amp fuse for the power locks and went about my business.... But this time it was all weekend due to all this rain here in the northeast... Just need a good warm day with lots of sun to dry things out....But thanks anyway... i am enjoying this forum, great people and a hell of alot of information on here and lots of help......

Bob....
Old 05-28-2001, 11:03 PM
Inactive User

Bob, thanks, were here to help and I agree, we gotta great bunch of folks!

Man, I'll tell ya. That would drive me nuts. I would have them do it again until they fixed it for good! From the sound of it, they should probably replace the lower outside window seals for ya. I don't know of any other way that moisture would get in. Hell, while they have the door panels off, they should seal the switches with di-silicone just in case......

Good Luck!

Ron Wilson
Old 05-28-2001, 11:17 PM
Inactive User

U are right, i called the owner of the dealership at home to day ( i know him pretty well) and he told there was a TSB, and it says to replace the modules, but i am going to have him act on your ideas, they sound like good ideas, and u r right it does drive u nuts especially when u r driving and cant pull over anywhere to pull the fuse.....Anyway thanks again Ron...

Bob....