Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-22-2001, 04:05 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Default WHo is going to replace elliot

How long do you guys think its going to take Evernham to Draft one of the Dodge Nastruck driver and get rid of Elliot??
Old 06-22-2001, 08:06 PM
Inactive User

Who did you have in mind?
Ruttman and Ribbs are gettin' too old for the cars
Old 06-23-2001, 02:15 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

I dont know
There seems to be alot of good Drivers for Dodge Trucks(either that or GREAT Engineer/Mechanics) . Good Drivers + Dodge ISNT the norm in NASCAR thats for sure(cept a certain Marlin, not the fish)...
anyway
Maxwedge
Old 06-23-2001, 03:20 PM
Inactive User

I think Willy T Ribbs has earned a spot in Winston Cup.
Old 06-23-2001, 07:25 PM
Inactive User

Ted Musgrave is doing good in the trucks but never did win a cup race. Look at Mike Skinner a great truck driver no cup wins. I think it's a big step to make for any driver. If any have the talent I say it would be Scott Riggs but even he is a year or two away. I don't think all of the blame should be put on Elliot I really don't think his cars are all that competitive.
Old 06-24-2001, 02:11 AM
Inactive User

I agree with Glenn 81, I don't think Evernham is involved with the race car set-up or changes on race day like he was with Gordon.
Ray needs to be in the pits calling the shots and chassis changes on race day.

Michael
Old 06-24-2001, 02:39 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Well how do you explane sterling Maril..he is fairly consistant top 10 AND I think right now he is overall number3...he is in now way a threat to win the championship BUT his car, and the Dodges, are very competative. They certainly are in Nastruck...
Old 06-26-2001, 11:13 PM

Default why are you complaining

I don't know what all the complainings about there were 30 + other guys behind elliot at the last race + it took the brand x boys 20 years to get were dodge did in 500 days so I didn't even expect a top 5 this year yet the dodges are butting heads with the best of them.It took 2 years before the trucks were competitive + know the chev boys can't keep up.like it says on the back window of my truck(your behind a dodge a common sight in nascar truck racing).The chev dweebs hate it.To bad eh.
Old 06-27-2001, 12:26 PM

I don't know if this true or not. More than likely, it's just rumor. I've heard that Jeff Gordon plans to finish out his contract with Hendrick Motorsports (which is two more years after this season) and then he is possibly thinking about getting back together with Evernham. I'm having a hard time beleiving that because of how well Gordon is doing right now. He has finally gotten back on track and he is winning races like he was when Evernham was his crew cheif. I think it would be hard to just leave a team that is helping him win races like they are right now. But, then again, Gordon and Evernham have a really close friendship. Would Gordon want to have the the possibility of winning championships and possibly get a chance at breaking Petty and Earnhardt's record for the most championships won or would he rather try and see if he and Evernham can do it again in a different car and a different team?
Again, it's only a rumor right now, but then again, it could happen. Personally, I think they should offer me the position.
Old 06-27-2001, 12:48 PM
Inactive User

I think your rumor is about as far out as any I've ever heard. However, if Jeff drove for a Dodge team, I'd have to cheer for a Ford or Chevy! No, I don't hate, envy or disrespect Jeff, it's just that my tolerance for smarmy, nasal, sacharin interviews is extremely low.
Old 06-28-2001, 08:22 AM
Inactive User

Jeff Gordon driving a Dodge for Everham? An interesting rumor. I don't think it's very likely but if it should happen I would be forced to try to like the guy!
The Elliott discussion invites comment also. He seems to qualify well sometimes, but gets lost in traffic. His brief tenure with Dodge has had some high hopes (Daytona) followed by a finish back in the pack. Should Everham put someone else in the seat? If he is intent on trying to win as much as possible as early as possible, maybe so. Face it, Bill (like many of us) is not as ypung as he used to be and some of the fire has gone out. On the other hand if Everham is just trying to get the program on track and acquire as much data as possible and not really expecting a string of wins early on that puts it in a different light. Myself, I hesitate to advocate axing Bill for sentimental reasons, I can't help sometimes but think the program could benefit from some more fire in the belly.
The pleasant surprise of the whole thing has to be Sterling Marlin. He's gonna win eventually. He's not who I expected to be Dodge's front runner, but more power to him! I wonder if he still owns that Chevrolet dealership in Ashland City, Tennessee?
426DMB
Old 06-28-2001, 02:09 PM
Inactive User

I think I read where Jeff Gordon signed a (lifetime) deal with Rick......
Old 06-28-2001, 03:43 PM

PLEASE, ENOUGH WITH THE JEFFY POOH TALK!!!! If anyone gets a shot at Ray's car it ought to be Jamie McMurray, remember him in the truck series last year, lots of raw talent with plenty of fire.
Old 06-28-2001, 04:38 PM

I'm with mopartodd on this one, Please no Jeff Gordon!
If he tanks in a Dodge, the bowtie boys will blame Mopar completely and laugh, while if he does well, they'll just say it was cause he was a GM driver. Far as I'm concerned, he's just another guy on the track, let Shivrolet keep him.
Old 06-29-2001, 12:34 AM
Inactive User

In all honesty I don't know who will replace Elliott, but I know if Marlin dosen't win one soon, Ward Burton will.
Old 07-01-2001, 04:33 AM
Inactive User

Default ATTEN: Complaint Dept.

What I'd like to know is what is Kyle Petty doing out there? Testing for how much dust the new cars can eat? Just grateful his car is'nt an electic blue #43!
Old 07-05-2001, 11:29 PM
Inactive User

Question Truck Series?

I hope that Sterling or Burton pulls a win out before the end of the season. Sterling obviously looks like the one to get the job done.
Even though the truck series is not as popular as Winston Cup, why haven't there been more postings about the Rams owning,so far, the season this year?With one make winning as much why haven't they stepped in and slowed them down some way? Not looking for them to do it but you would just expect it seeing as how they treat one make winning all the time in NASCAR.
Old 07-06-2001, 04:25 PM

Mirada. Actually NASCAR has, on 2 occasions stepped in and attempted to slow the Rams down with areo changes. They also mandated a 390 CFM carb a couple races ago knowing that the dodge teams haven't had any experience with that size carb on the new motor. You can bet that NASCAR will do everything it possibly can to help the chebbie crap win.
Old 07-08-2001, 12:39 AM
Inactive User

Default It fiqures

I quess that I should have known with out asking that they, NASCAR, would try to slow them down. It still amazing though that Dodge has dominated so much with out more restrictions being handed out so far. I am sure that Ford has had something to say in light of no wins for them.
I guess with Shivvy winning a couple they may back off for now on any other restrictions on the Dodges.
Just great to see Mopar dominate.
Old 07-18-2001, 02:17 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

put ol D.W. in!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2001, 09:17 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy Just some more input

All I say is I hope they don't use Willy T Ribbs he is about a lost cause. Maybe someone like Musgrave.
Old 07-30-2001, 05:08 PM

Mr. Elliott seems to be picking up the pace a bit. He sure worked hard to get 4th last Sunday. He worked real hard in that road course race also pullling a 9th. He is a veteran who may have traded some youthful aggressiveness for consistency and safety, but I think once he gets to liking that top5/top10 feeling again and with the new aero changes he is in contention to pull out a win soon.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:29 PM
Inactive User

Exclamation Congrats to Bill on #4 finish.......

I've been less than kind to Bill recently, but credit where it is due.
Good going, Bill E. Where the heck was my man, Sterling?
426DMB
Old 08-02-2001, 06:14 PM
Inactive User

Default Willy T lol lol

Anybody that thinks that Willy T Ribbs deserves a shot in Winston Cup should think again.

Willy T. Ribbs couldnt drive a nail !!! This guy is a bum, he would not have a ride now if it were not for NASCAR catching heat from the Rainbow coalition and Jessie Jackson.

It was made mention that Willy T earned a shot....... how ????? What has he ever done ?? If he is such a talent why cant he do something in the truck series ??

No way please dont suggest this for DOdge they are having enough trouble winning a race without the likes of an under talented driver such as Willy T Ribbs... please lol
Old 08-03-2001, 01:46 PM
Inactive User

I guess you didn't see my tongue planted firmly in my cheek when I suggested a Cup ride for Willy T.
Old 08-03-2001, 02:32 PM
Inactive User

ok Gary my bad, i did not notice the tounge in cheek lol

I think Kyle Petty should consider going to the busch series or arca until such time as he can show he can do something again he is an embarassment to the Dodge effort.
Old 08-03-2001, 03:19 PM

I think that disavowed must have hit some acid before he posted. D.W. was washed up way long ago and I was glad to see him finally hang it up. Now, if they could get him to shut up and let McReynolds and Hammond talk we'd all be much better off. The D.W. limelight burns like a burned out blacklight now. If you want to bring back has-beens, let's bring back the "King".
Old 08-04-2001, 05:58 PM
Inactive User

Here is the way I see it, Everham is bring up 2 talented young drivers through usac right now Tyler Walker and just started with another young driver, I see everham tossing Walker in Busch or Trucks next season and possibly moving into Elliots slot. That or another young up and comer is the one driving Bill Davis's busch car Scott Wimmer, I wouldn't mind him getting a seat in Cup soon.