Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-01-2001, 01:44 PM
Inactive User

Default v-8 vs 4-cyl

Well I had the best race ever last night. When I say best I mean the closest. I was driving to the drive-in with my girl in my Ram, when a little 5-spd civic coupe, lowered w/ lo pro tires and a fart tip wanted to play. He tried to pass me on the right, but I sped up and boxed him in with the car in the right lane. Well the car turns right at the light leaving me and the civic all alone at the light. Now I was a little scared because I have been beat by Hondas before (v-tech, type R or whatever)so I was was all over the light when it went green, and so was he. His little 4 cyl pulled even with my mighty v-8(little 318),through his 1st and 2nd gear, while mine was still in 1st. Then I hit second and started to pull from 45-60, at 60 I looked over to see his headlights and at 80 he was at my back bumper an falling behind.
Now I know my truck is no race machine but boy did I feel happy as a pig in shit to be able to beat this little rice burner, and the movie was good too, I went to see Pearl Harbor......Ramiam
Old 07-01-2001, 02:08 PM
Plutonium Member

Lightbulb

you said - "and the movie was good too, I went to see Pearl Harbor......"
i says - he should have seen it first BEFORE he bought his japanese car!
Old 07-01-2001, 02:16 PM
Inactive User

Kind of ironic that it came out that way......a little revenge for the 3000 plus that lost there lives at Pearl Harbor....ramiam