Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-01-2001, 07:47 PM

Default Where can I get wheel spacers for 4" pattern

Anyone have an idea where I can get wheel spacers for SB 4" pattern. I want to move my wheels out 1/4" and so far the only ones I've seen are for 4.5 and larger. I can make these but really dont want the hassel if I can just buy them. Thanks ..Dave
Old 07-01-2001, 08:05 PM
Inactive User

go to a wheel place and ask for spacers for a cavalier or equivilent they have a 4" bolt circle tell the wheel place you need spacers for a 100 mm its the same
Old 07-01-2001, 08:28 PM
Inactive User

Hey Dave; any place that sells Mr. Gasket products should be able to get them for you, but be carefull, I've seen them break on two different cars- I don't think they're intended for strenuous usage.........djs
Old 07-02-2001, 04:44 AM
Inactive User

Dave, I was gonna say from the dead guy's widow who used 'em last....On the 4" circle that's putting a bunch of stress on the studs and bearings(spindles and brake drums/rotors too). Me, myself, have always been scared of those things.
Old 07-02-2001, 08:17 PM

Well, it doesnt sound like its the best way to go. I was wondering why my wife endorsed these. Anyway, here is my problem. I currently only have about .150 of clearence from my tire to my spring. I dont know what is a safe distance but that seems close to me. I thought that If I bought or made up some that were only .250 thin that it wouldnt put me into the danger zone but i can see why you guys are saying that I am. My guess is that I could even live with another .100 to get me a total of .250. If I went that thin and made these up myself and held very close tolerence, would I still be flirting with disaster or would this be safe. I'm relying on your guys input here. there is no way this year that I'm going to change my wheel setup and the only other way I can think of is to move the springs inboard. I havent done this and would rather not do it at least now untill the fall but if that is the only way let me know. I was planning on new springs and I know they can be moved in but I dont know whats involved execpt brackets, welding, and probably about 10 jillion other problems that will go with this. I have a new exhaust system and will that get in the way if I move the springs or what other crap will be in store for me. Thanks again for the heads up on the safety issue and let me know about using thinner spacers or my other ideas......thanks guys......Dave
Old 07-03-2001, 09:48 PM
Inactive User

As a machinist, you can probably make them yourself from some very strong steel and Moroso studs. The bought ones are made from a junky aluminum alloy or white metal. (I'm not a metallurgist-you know more about this than me). At any rate I would consider it a temporary measure, you're better off with wheels with a different offset, and / or move the springs inboard. See ya...........djs
Old 07-04-2001, 02:14 AM
Inactive User

I think that if you don't plan on hard driving, you could go .25" thick out of a good alloy steel and some high quality(new) wheel studs. The things I've seen sold are crappy stuff(ZAMAC?). I would use them temporaily only 'til I could get some different wheels. I agree with you that your tires are probably too close to the springs...tire growth is amazing sometimes, especially in the width direction with radials. I've seen way too many recent emigrees break-off spindles and such with "wide rides". One I saw was fatal.It makes you think.....