Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-02-2001, 11:37 PM
Inactive User

Default Has anyone installed the clear turn signals? Or tail lights?

I was just curious how to get the front signals and back ones off. The back I see 2 hex screws but that's it.
Also I was wondering if the clear front's have little places fort he plastic taps on the rubber gasket to hook in like the factory.

(if that made sense at all)
Old 07-03-2001, 01:29 PM
Inactive User

There's a torx-head bolt in between the headlight & the front corner, almost centered the front light cluster. Remove that & you can pull the corner out carefully. The clear corners will be just like your OE corners except you'll probably have to shave down the opening for the side marker in each to match your OE lenses.
Old 07-03-2001, 01:38 PM
Inactive User

I have clear corners on my 2K D. APC screwed up and didnt ship amber bulbs, but I just installed it with the clear ones beacuse I got mad at havinig them sitting there waiting for dumb APC to send the bulbs. So I cancelled the order and installed them. The longest part was to grind down the plug on the outermost socket, I have a Dremel Rotary tool and I used a cutting wheel cut it down the used a grinding wheel and then some sand paper to get rid of the sharp parts, I went slow so it took a little while. But after that it was a 5 min. per side install. If you have Pre-2K you will not have to do anything or if you order them off E-Bay from that one company that gives you new wires so you dont have to cut it down.
I ordered Clear Tails with the 12-bulb LED lights but just like APC they have not arrrived. So I canceled them and I am going to order them through Jegs. So I cannot say much about those except that without the 12-bulb LED's they light will look pink if you just use normal red bulbs. That would/will be an easier install beacuse there is no grinding down to do to it, all you do is remove the reds and put in the clears. I was thinking on getting the Euro Clears but now that I see them they look to rice for me.