Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Circle Track Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-08-2001, 03:10 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up my first race

Well, today was my first circle track race with my car. I was having overheating problems in heat number 1 so I brought it into the pits and put viniger in the radiator instead of water. I went out for the trophy dash, started 8th out of 12 cars and ended up in 4th. I did some fine tuning on the suspension and came out aging for the feature. there were 32 cars for the feature and I started 14th. I made my way up to 2nd. All in all I think i did a good job my first time out driving. I'm way overpowered by the other cars but out track doesn't have much straight a way so i was able to pull it off. Next race should be fun after i port my heads.......
Old 07-08-2001, 03:49 PM
Inactive User

Question HUH---WHAT-HOLD ON

They had 16 cars at williston that night and If you did not finish your heat how did you make it into the trophey dash. and as for second place how did that happen as you didnt finish.
Come on it isnt that big of a world, and its North dakota that your talking about.
Now tell us what went wrong that night and maybe we can help you out and you will get that finish you talk about already.
Old 07-09-2001, 10:07 AM
Inactive User

Cageman--That is just what I was thinking and then I read your post. It is easy to get caught up in what you really want and what happened. I caught on quick and I am way down here in Georgia. We haven't run in 3 weeks, broke motor big time broke a valve retainer and next thing you know #4 cylinder just exploded --Good news, timing cover still useable--thats racing.
Old 07-09-2001, 11:49 AM
Inactive User

Question MIS-READ ?

Hey guys, maybe Lilduster meant he finished the heat and then added vinegar to the radiator for the cooling problem. If so,then he would qualify to run in feature. I would think it is merely ( I hope ) just a means of mis-communication of what happened. I don't think we need deliberate mis-representation of the facts here. My 2cents worth. How about it,Lilduster ?
"The Old Man"
Old 07-10-2001, 05:41 AM
Inactive User

Default excuse me

sorry about the misclarifation....i did finish the first heat just not very well cause i went into the pits so my pitmen could dump water through the radiator.....as far as the number of cars there were 30 or so entered but 70 percent of them did not finish. but that's racing whether they were on the track or not my car was running and there's wern't.