Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-17-2001, 09:41 PM
Inactive User

Default Broke off SS Impala twice in the same night .

This happened about a month ago on a Wendsday night . I went to cruise night at Friscos , a local spot for cruisers and hot rods , and ran into a friend of mine , who on this night showed up in his late model SS Impala [ don't know the exact year , don't care it's a chevy ] . After things started thining out we hung out for a while to see if there was any street racing going on , but not much was happening so we decided to go home . We live in the same town a few blocks away so we went home the same way . For a while we behaved ourselves untill we got to the 710 south , I was in front in my 68' Roadrunner [ 451 motor etc. ] when I noticed in my mirror he was approachin rapidly ! I thought no way am I gonna let this guy blow by me , so I nail it , the 451 kicks down and I'm gone even though he had a run at me he got about as close as my rear wheel and that's it , I pulled away rappidly , when he finally gave up I looked down at my tach and it was reading 5900, the speedo was burried , it's not accurate anyway . We drive the rest of the way uneventfully , untill we get home to San Pedro , he pulls up next to me at a traffic light and asks are you gonna give me my race ? I ask him how much space do you need ? He replies 10 and the move [ 10 car lengths and i don't move untill he does ] I agree and we head off to the stop sign on Harbor Blvd. When we get there it's kinda hard to estimate 10 car lengths , so he suggests 2 light poles , that seems about right , so I say OK , but you got take your foot off the brake when you take off because thats pretty far . We line up I bring up the r's and wait , I see his brake lights go off and side step the brake [ I'm on plain old t/a radials ] the car hooks and I roll into the throttle , 6 grand shift to second and I'm pulling him in big time , 6 grand hit third and a moment later I blow by him like he's standing still and cover by about 3 car lengths . Yeah it's a good night I beat him twice even gave him his race to boot ! God I love Mopars .

BIG BLOCK BILL
Old 07-18-2001, 10:03 AM

Too cool. Just love it when the circumstances allow for that kind of race! RR's rule! (did you beepbeep on the way by...?!?!?).
Old 07-20-2001, 07:58 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweeeeeet Killlllllllllll. I love Big Fast Roadrunners!
Old 07-23-2001, 08:54 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin Good Kill

Love got to hear more of it. Way to go.