Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 07-18-2001, 02:37 PM

Default Poinked a ZX2

Had to be an automatic, I know the 5-speed ZX2's have a decent amount of kick. Anyhow, the offramp from 17 to Goshen has a stoplight at the end, and if you go left at the light, the 2 lanes merge after about 60-80 yards. Back when I had the Intrepid, I always made a point to romp on it and pass whoever was in front, just in case it was some slow as !@#$ Jersey driver or an equivalent slowpoke. Since getting the Neon with the 5-speed, I've been a little antsy about racing, etc... since it is a 4-banger and I still have nightmares about getting toasted by a VOLVO in my '92 Plymouth Acclaim... Anyhow, we get to the light and both take off. I have the outside lane and eliminate the 2ft lead they got at the start, and at about 25mph in 1st the tires start to spin, so I clutch down and shift into 2nd which once again breaks the tires loose a bit. I straighten out, keep it in 2nd until about 55mph and by the time I shift into 3rd they're a few carlengths behind me... Felt good toasting that car though, as a punk I used to hang with a few years back always bragged that his little red ZX2 could take my Intrepid ES (214hp stock). I never had that race with him, now I know how easy it would have been to embarrass him.

Neon is still stock for now... Iceman intake, Borla exhaust and headers are coming.....to start with at least. I think this little car'll keep me happy until I can get a nice fat V8 powered Mopar in the next few years.

Sam