Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-23-2000, 02:47 AM
Inactive User

hey... ive got a question about the brake distro block and the master cyl on my 85 diplomat (m-body).. the block is the one under the master cyl that all the brake lines attach to... since 2 lines come off the master cylinder and go in to that block, is one of them for the front brakes and the other for the back?? i want to put a roll control solenoid on the front brakes, so i can lock the fronts and do standing still burnouts and load up the transmission for faster takeoffs... also what size threads are the brake line connections??
anyone with any ideas??

also, what do you think of air shocks? are they worth is or should i just get some heavy duty gas shocks??

-m

------------------
1985 Dodge Diplomat - 360, 4 barrel, hedders, duals, 8.25 open rear with 2.94's
Old 10-23-2000, 06:26 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Ahhh , yes i think your right. When you get the roll control kit. It will have a diaogram. The thread size should be a standard. Worse comes to worse..match it up at a store.
As far as air shocks go...There good to level out your car for load control. This helps in the braking dept.& handleing. As far as going fasy.....I haven't seen much , if any improvement with them.
They only extend so far. They also don't control axle windup.
Good gas shocks will give a better ride. Drag shocks are best for what there designed for, not the Hi-way.
Okie Dokie