Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-04-2001, 01:19 AM
Inactive User

Default spanked a buick grand national

hello all, have a new one for ya,
its saturday night, me and my buddy kevin decide to take the duster down to the local street races and see whats happening. we get there and theres a decent crowd, so we find a spot to park where we can get out in case the law shows up. we're there for about 20 min and watch alot of the imports and rustangs run each other. after another 10mins a guy walks over and asks us if we want to run a gn. so i ask a dumb question "how fast"? he says it only runs 12.50 and he asks me the same, i say the same (so i lyed alittle). i said ok lets go. as i was sitting in the car warming the motor up, kevin comes to the car to tell me word has it the buick is a low 11 sec car, big turbo, intercooler ect, so i tell him not to worry the bottle is on if needed. so anyway we line them up and i do a 6 sec burnout, he does this top fuel 8 car length burnout. i thought it was funny. now the flagman is pointing to see if were ready, he stalls it up and all i hear is a serious turbo whine,unmistakable. anyway i bring her up to 2000rpm. the flagman drops his hands and were off, he gets about a length on me (he jumped early) but i'm reeling him in pretty quick, where we run it is alittle more then 1/8th mile. by the time we shut down i had him by a length and a half and used no nitrous. as we're coming back down the "return lane"(next road over) he flashes me to stop, so i do. he gets out and acusses me of squeezing him. i told him i didnt, it got to the point to where i opened my trunk and let him turn off the bottle and purge the remaining nos out of the system. we go back and line up again. this time i take the r's up to 2500, arm falls and were off again, this time i launch hard kevin says it looked like i pulled the left front tire. i leave on him this time and at the end i have 2 and 1/2 lengths on him. at the end i stop to see if he has anything to say. he just rolles on by tells me i'm number one in sign language and leaves the races, what a sore loser its a shame, he had a bad ass v-6, but it was fun embarassing him. shortly after that race the cops came and ran us all off. bummer the night started so well.
Old 08-04-2001, 02:16 AM

Good kill! Those GN's can be pretty fast especially with the boost cranked up. Unfortunately for him, not quite fast enough...
Old 08-09-2001, 11:28 AM
Inactive User

good one man
remember its not how you win , its if you win
if he is not man enough to take the lose screw'm!!!!