Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Durango Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-06-2001, 06:29 PM
Inactive User

Default What can I use to cover these holes?

My dipsh!t dealership, drilled my front air dam and installed a front license plate holder so they could put one of their name plates in so I could advertise to everyone where I got my truck. That aint gunna happen. This state does'nt require front plates so I took off the plate and holder to find these hideous holes they drilled. I cannot believe they would do that to a new vehicle in a state that does'nt have front plates...well actually with these idiots, I can. What can I use to cover/hide these holes? I once saw these little plastic push-in rivets somewhere but cant remember where. Any other ideas? Or should I just put the holder back on and find something cool to put in there? I really dont want the usual Rams head though...Ive never really fully understood that, its not a Ram! Anyone seen anything that says like R/T or something? Maybe a Mopar one? Any suggestions as to what to do with this area are appreciated.
Old 08-06-2001, 08:25 PM
Regular Guy

You could get a black Mopar Perf plate, might look OK with you black D. NC doesn't require front plates either but since I am in the military, I kept the mounting bracket for future use.

I took mine off and ground the excess plastic off and touched up with paint. Doesn't stand out as much.

If you are feeling frisky, you can try some body work and put a wire mesh backing on, then fill the holes with bondo, smooth and paint.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:27 AM
Inactive User

Get some carriage bolts that fit, sand the tops and paint with body color. That will look dressy, but leave the holes functional in case you move to a state that does have a front plate.
Old 08-07-2001, 06:05 PM
Inactive User

Thanks for the replies guys.

Kevin: No Im not feeling that frisky, thanks though

Durango360: I was thinking about doing that if I could'nt find those buttons I was looking for, but according to Garfield they sell them everywhere. Guess Im not looking hard enough.

Garfield: Those are what I was talking about. I havent been able to find them. Are they in the Dress-up section, or maybe the "help" section, or behind the counter and I have to ask for them? Seriously, I havent been able to find them!
Old 08-08-2001, 06:23 AM
Regular Guy

I can understand that, I tried body work on the hood of my Dakota once, ended up getting a bug deflector to cover it up.
Old 08-08-2001, 06:27 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Garfield

Thanks man! Im gunna stop after work tommorow, see if I can track some down.
Old 08-09-2001, 05:44 PM
Inactive User

Found 'em! Thanks!
Old 08-11-2001, 12:06 AM
Inactive User

When they told us we didn't have to use a front plate up here in Alberta back in 1992 the first thing I did was take the front plate off my 1989 Shelby Daytona. I had the same problem as you. Those darn holes. What I did was just put the screws back in the holes and use a little touch up paint on the screw heads afterwards. This way for any reason if I wanted to put the bracket back I could quite easily.

At the dealership where I work at we do not put the front brackets on any new car/truck unless the customer requests it.
But there is one dealer that not only has their name on the front plate but also on the fenders and tailgate [pick up] and they install these cheesy mudflaps with their name also.
That would be like driving a billboard.
Old 08-11-2001, 12:29 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by speedwobble
That would be like driving a billboard.
I know what you mean, Ive seen vehicles done up like that. I figure I gave them enough money, I dont need to advertise for them too. The first thing I do when I get any vehicle is take off anything that has the dealers name on it.