Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-31-2000, 12:39 AM
Inactive User

Cool

As some of you may know, I finally got my freshly rebuilt 383 running great a couple of weeks ago. Now I am doing the interior and have the seats, steering wheel, and guages removed. However, this weekend I started 'er up just to make sure everything was still okay and I couldn't resist the temptation to spin the tires. So here I am, sitting on the floor, one hand holding onto the door frame so I can push the brake and accelerator simultaneously, no steering wheel to hold onto, and sending up a cloud of smoke from spinning the tires in my driveway! What a rush. So I ask you, how pitiful am I? (hmmmm, might hafta do it again in a couple of days?)
Old 10-31-2000, 01:01 AM
Inactive User

I did something similar before my car had an exhaust, the correct pulleys, or any power steering installed. I was having a new heat pump installed and I needed to move the Coronet out of the garage.
Well, with a bunch of air conditioning guys standing around I backed it out of the garage and then get turned around to start up the driveway so I can park on the street.
I drop it in park, and it stumbles at first
(this was a FRESHLY built 383, not tuned yet)
but I keep my foot on the gas, the engine wakes up and lites the rear tires up. I leave a pair of black marks up my drive way. I park the car and get out. The AC guys are looking at me like I'm a crazy man.
Old 10-31-2000, 06:28 AM
Inactive User

Hey that reminds me of how I got my new fiberglass hood. I was backing my car out of the shop and a few guys were standing there watching becouse it's hittin' pretty good. So I thought what the hell, I'll light em up.
I did and man it felt good. So then I backed up and really nailed it. Man , john Force woulda been proud of me ! About the time I realised that the dzus fasteners werent latched is when I saw the hood flipping up into the air !
Old 11-01-2000, 02:00 AM
Inactive User

hope you don't get a muscle cramp and have to let go of the brake...........
speaking of hoods....
in my dumber days I had a 81 Z28 with the cowl induction hood scoop that was bolted from the factory. I unbolted the hood trying to buff out the paint (it didn't work) then put the scoop back on, got distracted and went for a ride down a two lane road. Got tired of doing 35 in a 55 so I punched it to pass, it's amazing that the scoop could fly so much more better than the car could go fast!!!!!