Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-12-2001, 01:00 AM
Inactive User

Unhappy (off topic) What a GREAT way to start off harvest!!

Ok, I know this is way off topic, but this is what we do, we farm. And I thought you may be entertained by my own stupidity.
So here goes.....

I was was heading over to help my cousin on the first piece of barley, I was abou a mile from home in the combine. This combine goes 16 mph down the road, so pretty slow you say? Well, it's not so slow when you driving something that has rear-wheel steering and is pretty sensitive to steering input while driving. Anyhoo, I was taking a few pics with my camera, I decided to take one of the road ahead of me while I was cruising along--bad idea. I was kinda conentrating on taking a picture of the road with my camera and not noticing where the combing was heading. A moment after I snapped the first pic I realized I was heading for the ditch!! Not a good thing... I tried to correct it but it was too late(that and the fact that the rear end on something with real-wheel steering swings OUT when you crank the wheel) It started to go down, I couldn't pull it back up, and was stuck, I wasn't hung up, just the right side was in about 2 feet of water and some mudd. I could still move, but there was know way I was gonna get out under my own power, the right-side tire just churned in the water. You can see in the first pic that I was already doomed before I even knew it. It took the assistance of my uncles 4wd tractor to pull it out...... needless to say dad wasn't all to happy!! Or my uncle either!! Lesson learned!!

Old 08-12-2001, 10:32 AM
Inactive User

Default mpp97sst

LOL! Good going!!!

We've got 30's for our 8820's and you've deffinately gotta stay alert running them, esspecially when your going 5mph like you say!!!