Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-12-2001, 05:30 PM
Inactive User

Angry Flushing Metal Header Help

I'm Back. I ordered the parts and stripped the engine and it's going to the machine shop for flushing. Now that its going to be out of the way i'd like to change the headers and possibly pistons. With this engine i had a thread a while back crushing valves. Never found out why and i decided to order the comp cams .477/.480 268/280 extreme energy cam with comp cam lifters that is close to the cam that was in there. My valve springs are 1 year old and the machine shop guy says they check out o.k. Here's the deal. About 10 years ago in N.Y. when i built this engine it was with a guy i met that was a mechanic and used to work for chrysler and used to race on weekends. I'm not in touch with him anymore. The engine he built was perfect, powerful and smooth till i let a guy (total idiot but i didn't know) from work down here drive it and destroy it. My Question is, i had put in TRW forged pistons with Huge i mean HUGE valve reliefs. I can't seem to find these pistons again. Also i'm looking for a new set of headers. Around the same time of rebuilding the engine i bought a set of hooker competition headers ceramic metallic coated that started to rust within months. They're still in the car and are working but look like crap. My cousins 440 challenger has headmann cyramic coated headers that look like new eventhough they're at least 6 years old. I also hate the way the hookers wrap around the drivers tie rod and the pipe going accross the #5 & #7 cylinders. Anybody got any good header or piston suggestions out there because this is the last time i'm taking this fu*&@#$king car apart. (Yea i know heard that one before) - Thanks