Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-14-2001, 08:25 PM
Inactive User

Default Jeg's

...Ordered a unversal type part(race car tie downs) on 6/22, after 4 phone calls, my stuff finally got here today, 8/14. They lied during 3 of the phone calls about the status of the order. They just lost a customer of 10+ years DO NOT BUY FROM THESE FOLKS. See how long they race PRO without any customers...
Old 08-14-2001, 09:36 PM

I order most of my stuff from Summit latley. It seems go get here much quicker. Excelent customer service. They sent me some Moroso 3" long studs for my car and the night before I had to drive 300 miles for a race, I noticed 3 of the studs in the package were the wrong ones for my Dart. I called customer service at about 7:00 PM and yelled at the poor guy(like its his fault) and told him I needed them by tommorrow cause I was leaving town to race. When I got home from work the next day at 4:30 they were laying on my doorstep. That is service that I will never forget!!
Old 08-14-2001, 10:11 PM
Inactive User

If you think they are intolerable on the phone, you should stop by their showroom. As this is my neck of the woods, I have stopped by these stores for a number of last minute needs.
I can understand not knowing everything about MoPars. We are a minority. Service and intelligence are often strangers. I have received commendable service from high school students working part time at the local department stores because they had a desire to help.
In my less prosperous days, it was quite a decision to spend the amount of money required for the upgrade I was attempting. While speaking with my friend to borrow $50 to pay rent, I was actually interrupted in a RAISED VOICE by the salesman saying, "well that's what you got into, man. You got a small block MoPar." (Direct quote, neither amplified nor edited)
If anyone would like to dispute this account with me, I can point him out to you at the Main St., Columbus store.
To fully understand the situation, there was only one couple in the store aside from my friend and I. There were two other salesman. A half hour after the store opened. It was neither closing time nor was I keeping him from the phone or other customers.
Call Summit, you'll be happier. I had a minor bad experience there also, but I simply hung up and got a very helpful person on the next call. One (very minor) bad experience out of dozens is not bad at all.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:35 PM

I deal strictly with PAW. Man, I have had nothing but good deals with them. No back orders, they knew to ask what trans I had when I got my crank kit (my guy spoke MOPAR..) and shipping is free, kinda. A 5.95 handling fee. And you can sit on their catalog if your seats are thrashed.
Old 08-14-2001, 11:57 PM

Had a major run in with JEGs over some AN fittings. When it was over they still owe me $50. I gave up trying to resolve it because the AHs there could just not get it straight, and they flat out kept lying about crediting my account for all the shipping screw ups. I have never had a single problem with Summit and I have ordered many K$s of parts from them.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:22 AM
Inactive User

I guess we are luckly here. We live about 7 mins from summit. Have never had to deal with anyone over the phone. Summit has a lot of sales reps that will help you find what you are looking for. We alwise get or wait for Mark. He owns Mopars and knows what he is talking about. When we had problems with the coil exploding he stayed over an half hour after his sift was over to get stuff figured out. Summit is the best.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:28 AM
Inactive User

I guess we are luckly here. We live about 7 mins from summit. Have never had to deal with anyone over the phone. Summit has a lot of sales reps that will help you find what you are looking for. We alwise get or wait for Mark. He owns Mopars and knows what he is talking about. When we had problems with the coil exploding he stayed over an half hour after his sift was over to get stuff figured out. Summit is the best.
Old 08-15-2001, 02:36 PM
Inactive User

Ever check out Summit's online catalog? They have every MPP part that exists I think. One day I just kept typing random parts into the search engine and most came up in stock. Must have typed in 200 part numbers... Tons more that what's in the catalog. Always pretty decent prices, too.

PAW also has good service for the left coast...And sometimes they have some really good one only deals on remanned stuff.

On the subject of customer service, another good place for MPP stuff is www.mopartsconnection.com. Guy named Lawrence there, got the right idea when it comes to customer service. I called regarding what I thought was the wrong diff case I received from him. I had already installed the ring gear and he was still willing to take it back. Thought he was going to call the factory right then. Turns out it was my mistake after all, but I just thought it deserves mention when you get good customer service, because bad service is all too common. All the local speed shops and dealership around this area are pretty bad in that department..

My 2 cents...
Old 08-15-2001, 03:22 PM
Inactive User

I got my seats and trunk battery kit from summit. Had 'em here in less than a week. No hassles. Ordered my cam, lifters, and timing chain from P.A.W. and had 'em on my door step the next day! No hidden charges on either, and everything is correct. Kind of a pain to stretch the covers on the seats, but that's another one. I've never ordered from Jeg's (heard too many horror stories).
Old 08-15-2001, 03:58 PM
Inactive User

Hey ausydad, On the trying to get the covers on the seat, Use a hair dyer and heat up the cover as you are putting it on. Makes it a hole lot easyer. Also puttin them out in the sun will do the trick to. If you want a chore try and fasten the boot on our convertable after it sat all winter. Takes a good 2 hours of setting out in the sun before you can get those cornor buttons on.
Old 08-15-2001, 04:12 PM
Inactive User

I usually get my stuff from Summit. They are alot better now that they have the warehouse out in Nevada, not as many back orders as a few years ago.
I have bought stuff from Jegs (items that Summit dosen't list) and I haven't had any problems with them, but it's been a few years since I placed an order with them.
Old 08-15-2001, 11:24 PM
Inactive User

Just talked to a guy tonight who used Jegs to get a part. Summit didnt have it in stock so he went to jegs who did have it in stock. They said it would be here in 2 days. Jegs is in Columbus and we live in Akron. About 100 miles away. He ordered it last week and it was here today. He called and they keep telling him that it has been shiped and will be their anytime. Summit got his part in today and went up their tonight and picked it up.
Old 08-16-2001, 12:05 AM
Inactive User

Post Parts

Let's see, I live 1,650 miles from Summit and 1,525 miles from Jeg's, and who know's how far from PAW, so UPS is my parts delivery person. I have had good service from all of these folks.

Bonwitt Enterprises in Miami and has been able to get me the best parts at the best prices. Andy, at Bonwitt, is a Max Wedge guy, but he still knows my small block stuff.

Has anyone tried Herbert Performance? The mail carrier delivered one of their mail order catalogs and it looks like it is for serious racers.

Billy
Old 08-16-2001, 01:11 PM
Inactive User

I personall have never ordered from jegs. Prices are about the same and summit has never let me down. One other good place I order from that has good prices and good service for me has been http://www.mopartsracing.com . just my 2 cents.
Old 08-16-2001, 01:29 PM
owner of The Thing

I've bought one thing from Jegs, a one-wire alternator. everything was fine with my order, and I have no complaints. However, now they send me two jegs catalogs a month like i'm some kinda big customer. wow. little old me buys one alternator from them and i get such royal treatment...

really tho, I've started giving them out to friends (well friends that race fords). Two a month's a little much when only two pages in the catalog even pertain to my Coronet...

I've had good experances with Mancini Racing as well, I've bought a few things from them, and there website is real handy too...

And i know some people like the Paddock but IMHO every time I've called them for something they have been rather rude and not to helpful... so i ordered from somewhere else...

Toast
Old 08-16-2001, 11:27 PM
Inactive User

Default Mail Order

Generally I've had pretty decent luck with Jeg's and Summit. Jeg's seems to list more parts than Summit, at least on the parts I've wanted lately. I've had good results with Mancini. I used to order lots of stuff through Ed Hamburger in the 80's, but he got out of Mopars. A couple of idiots took it over. I never did get my parts I ordered from them and I gave up trying to get a refund. I hope they went broke.

Generally I've found that you need to know what you want to buy. This is especially true at the local parts stores. They'll sell you anything. If you have to ask questions at most places, you're in trouble. If you find a real Mopar guy, you've struck gold.
Old 08-18-2001, 04:25 AM
Inactive User

Default Jeg's

Called Jeg's once - I live in Oregon - no help, no MOPAR guy, highest prices. Mancini knows their stuff, but pricey. Summit is OK, but not too MOPAR. PAW is my place!! Sometimes it's tough to get a free catalog if I haven't bought anything in a couple of years, but otherwise I like 'em.
Old 08-18-2001, 08:34 AM
Inactive User

I've ordered from Jegs with no problems at all.Summit gave me a scare,but that was about 10 years ago.Mopar parts are oredered thru a dealer(I use Beck Chrysler in Palatka Florida) and everything else,I shop around for.
Old 08-18-2001, 12:58 PM
Inactive User

Had a customers car in that was missing the ladder bar safety straps and they were the jegs brand straps. Called jegs to get some replacements and to order some other stuff at same time.

Guess what, they dont keep the straps in stock, but will make them, 4-6 week delivery. I explained to the guy that I was attempting to get a customers car finished for a big race and asked him if he could possibly remove a set of the straps from a pair of ladder bars and replace them with the back ordered ones.

Told me that I would have to speak with customer service. Explained very nicely to the guy that I didnt have 4-6 weeks, that I had 3 days to get the car finished and asked him to please consider that I had placed many orders with them and was in fact placing a rather large order with them at that very moment. I was told that there was absolutely no way that they could possibly do that, I would have to wait 4-6 weeks. So, I explained to him that he could not only cancel the order for the safety straps but that he could also cancel the order for all the other stuff I was ordering and that I would take my business elsewhere from now on.
Old 08-18-2001, 07:42 PM
Inactive User

What about Year One? I've heard good things about their accessories, but what about hard parts? Any one with experience on those? I was looking at the chrome timing cover for a L.A.
Old 08-20-2001, 09:07 AM
Inactive User

Most of the restoration places like Year One and ACC have really good customer service, but their prices are not cheap.
I just Ordered some parts from Hardens, and I got them in two days!
Old 08-20-2001, 09:23 AM
Inactive User

Default Mancini

I use Mancini racing.
They work great for me, and I live on the other side of the Atlantic ocean(Sweden).