Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Car Audio Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-16-2001, 02:35 AM
Inactive User

Default CD player question?

Hey guys,

I ordered my truck without a cd player, because I had an aftermarket kenwood from my old ram to put in it. But after all the abuse the poor little thing has taken, I think the plastic tabs inside are broken or something, and it skips like crazy now, and its made me mad enough to finally get a new one.

I heard a friends stock stereo with the better speakers than mine, and felt real jealous, I wish mine sounded like that...

But anyways, what kind of cd players do you guys have out there? Do you have any pics at all?

What are those two brands that make the deck that fits in the exact hole in the dash? And what are the models?

I really don't want to spend too much on a deck right now (just broke my windshield & got a flat the other day), and I'd like to upgrade the speakers & amps & add some subs later on.

So whats a good cd player for a decent price? And how easy is it to change the speakers in the doors? Can I just buy aftermarket speakers and swap them out easily? And what are the sizes of the speakers in the doors (stock)?

Thanks a lot for your help guys,

ST3
Old 08-16-2001, 11:03 PM

Pioneer, Jenson....just to name a few that are "Din and a half" (same size as your radio).

I use Kenwood in my truck. Its the normal "Din" style radio. I always try to steer people in getting din style radios. So that later down the road if they get another can it can go into it. Helps keep your options open.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:29 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

I put a Blaupunkt Alaska head unit in my "00" DAK (it already had the Infinity speakers in it)and put the Blaupunkt A08 10 CD
changer in center console (I've got bucket seats). Nice part is that with the Infinity speakers there is enough BASS available.