Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-20-2001, 08:40 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down Mopar Performance Parts

Boy, I think I have just about had enough! Tryng to get something for Mopar Performance is a JOKE !! No wonder there are so many Chevy People. I have just made my last order for M.P. I ordered a RB Heat Block off intake pan and 2 cans of Hemi Orange Paint. I got a Standard Felpro Valley Pan with a bag that had 2 small pieces of metal that I guess I am supposed to cut to fit and insert in the cylinder head Heat Crossover. Gee! Who would of thought of that! I thought I was getting something special!!! I could have saved myself the trouble of 4 days shipping and done the job myself. Have They Bumped their heads?????
I also ordered 2 cans of paint and to my suprise, I got a case!! It seems that the minimum order for spray paint is 12 cans (1 Case)!!!!!!! What the F---???? I am not trying to paint the whole car, just the engine!!!
I have worked on and been a Chrysler Fan for along time but, I think it may be time for a change. I can only imagine, now that Chrysler is owned by a Forgien Company, where this progam is heading. What a bummer!!!! What Croc!!!! What a Shame!!!
Old 08-20-2001, 08:54 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Did you order right from them or the local parts dept. My guys sell me 1 can at a time. Maybe your guys need training.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:58 AM
Inactive User

from the parts Dept. and yes they do !!!
Old 08-20-2001, 09:59 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Try from the mail order companys. It's a bit more on the easy side to get stuff from them AND return it if need be.
Old 08-20-2001, 10:23 AM
Inactive User

My experiences with MPP have been very similar to MrFixit440s. I have 3 Dodge dealerships within 10 miles of my home, and I cringe at the thought of visiting any one of them for MP parts. In general, the treatment is rude (it was OK to talk to me like an a$$hole when I didn't know anything about cars, but now it's kind of annoying), the prices are expensive, the orders as a matter of course always take 2 weeks (nothing's ever in stock), and forget about paint, the last time I went for some I got and I quote "We don't sell spray paint, because we're in California.". Huh?

Anyway, MrFixit440, good customer service still exists out there, it's just harder to find. Rule #1 - don't go to the dealerships, they're too busy with the general public (non-performance enthusiasts) to give a sh!# about you, besides, they never go below Racer Net price (the price in the green book) and we all know you can get it cheaper than that.

My quick list of places with really good customer service, in no particular order.

1. Moparts Racing (www.mopartsracing.com), good folks who will stand behind an order if it's wrong. Good prices.

2. Summit Racing. They're so big because they get it right almost all the time. Also, they have every MPP part known to man on their online catalog & search. The prices are good, and it always gets there when they promise it.

3. Muscle Motors. Hot engine combos, and guys who love racing engines, so they will take the time to talk cars with the average Joe and really help in making educated purchases.
Old 08-20-2001, 08:16 PM
Inactive User

I like Mancini Racing and Summit Racing for Mopar Performance parts. Mancini is strictly Mopar, know their stuff and they are polite when you call with questions (even stupid ones). Their prices are pretty reasonable too.
check them out @ http://www.manciniracing.com
Old 08-20-2001, 08:59 PM
Inactive User

Mancini get Two thumbs up......right every time.....great prices....always in stock.

I even drive 2 hours from Canada to buy there......
Old 08-20-2001, 09:32 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

I should say that the place I get my stuff from is not the dealership, but the parts surply house for the dealership. Due to realestate, the parts house is about 2 miles closer to me.
Thanks go out to Security Dodge of Amityville N.Y.
Although the wait can kill ya if ya need it now. Thats were mail order comes in. If I can wait, best price down the block. They cut me slack, 10% over cost.
Old 08-20-2001, 09:33 PM
Big Tuna

Wink Direct Connection

Hey, this is nothing new. About 20 years ago I ordered a "speedometer hole block-off plug" from DC for a 727. I figured it would be some kind of a machined plug with an o-ring groove in it. When I got it, DC had sold me a P34C Dorman freeze plug for about $4. They were 27 cents at the time at the parts store. I get all my MP stuff from "The Chicago Connection" 773-229-0655. Bill is really good to deal with and if something isn't right, he takes care of it right away.
Old 08-20-2001, 11:51 PM

Cool

The thing to remember about MP parts is this.

The vast majority of them are manufactured by aftermarket company's.

Such as the bigblock adjustable rockers...Crane
Neon cold air intake system...Iceman
Performance PCM's...work is farmed out...usually Mike Leach

I could go on, but I think you get the point.

For the most part, you can buy the same thing cheaper from the aftermarket. This is from someone who works at a Chrysler dealership.

Shop...compare...save time and money.

Good luck,
Jeff
Old 08-21-2001, 12:08 AM
Inactive User

Yes, most of the MP stuff is made by other aftermarket companies, I knew Mike Leach did all their exhaust systems, didn't know he did their ECM's,Mike has done all my exhaust work.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:15 AM
Inactive User

Mrfixit440, I just RTV those heat block off plates right to the head without trimming them, they seem to settle into the intake gasket, never had any problems.
Old 08-21-2001, 01:58 AM

Thumbs up

Hello mrfixit440 !

Try Summit, the part number for RB heat block off intake gasket is FPP-1215 and the price is something like $21.

I just can´t get it how they sent you a wrong gasket..... don´t know if FelPro is the only one making that kinda block-off gasket and if Ma-Mopar does not sell FelPro but some other brand...?

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...rchType%3DBoth and use that Summit´s search service by typing the part number there in the box..... FPP-1215

Hope that helps, - BB 70 Challenge
Old 08-21-2001, 03:58 PM
Inactive User

We feel your pain! Anyone who has dealt with Mopar Performance knows what it is like to get crappy parts at a premium price. MP is managed by people who just don't care about helping out the average guy. They do have some good parts but many of their parts are junk. So be careful out there. Buying from a dealer like Mazzolini or Mancini can help since those guys know what works and what doesn't. A good parts counter guy can really help you also but they are hard to find. I (and everyone else) wish that the MP management team would get fired so that people who understand quality and customer satisfaction could be hired, but so far that hasn't happened.
Old 08-22-2001, 07:20 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up MP Dealers

A friend of mine works at Huffines Dodge in Lewisville, Texas. If you are in the DFW area, call Kelly at (972) 434-1276. He treats me right, but he is always busy. You might have to be patient to get through to him. He got me some parts a few months ago on the MP clearance sale.

I've had good luck with Mancini as well.
Old 08-22-2001, 09:34 PM
Inactive User

I'll throw my .02 in for Summit as well. Whenever I needed an MP part, they got it for me. They don't list all of the MP parts they have in stock in their catalog either so you should definitely talk to a rep as to what they have/don't have.
Old 08-23-2001, 06:56 AM

Summit usually has the best prices and certainly stocks the most stuff. They are excellent with any returns as well. I've also had good luck with Mancini racing but they killed me in shipping costs. <><
Old 08-23-2001, 08:15 PM
Inactive User

Ill throw one in for manciniracing. Just got my new HD leaf springs yesterday from them.
Old 08-23-2001, 11:24 PM

I ran into the same thing with my small block. I ordered MP heat cross over block off gasket set and got a regular set of gaskets with 2 flat pieces of metal in the package. The metal pieces seem way to thick, so I threw them away and made a set out of an old coffee can. Very thin and they seem to hold up very well. It is kinda of a kick in the pants thinking you are buying a special part and get a regular set of gaskets you could have got at the local parts store without any wait.
Old 08-24-2001, 12:40 AM
Inactive User

Default my vote

i've gotta throw my vote in for mancini racing too . they almost always have what i am looking for and in some cases the have stuff that i didn't know existed! they stock brand new left side engine mounts for the 340/360 smallblocks, and 67-70 a-body battery trays from chrysler cheaper than what you can get reproductions for. give them a call and ask for TJ he is really in the know.
Old 08-24-2001, 06:24 AM
Inactive User

I just ordered a Heat cross over gasket from Mancini. Fel-Pro 1214. I hope it's not a regular with some plates in the box.

They have a special on a Big Block gasket set. This set includes the water pump to block gaskets, water pump housing gasket and timing cover gasket . the whole set for $1.50. I ordered one. Check it out. Type this in the search box MREGSKCRD

www.manciniracing.com

I've never ordered from them online. I've always made to trip to Detroit.

Old 08-24-2001, 03:30 PM
Inactive User

What I've learned from dealing with dealers about 5-6 times a week ( I drive a tow truck) is that about 90% of the people working there drive imports. Since Chrysler got bought by Daimler, most people don't care any more. They don't drive our machines and their under "corporate America". What most people haven't learned is that Daimler went under control of another company about 15 years ago. That company was Ford. I ordered my oil filter plate gasket yesterday and they said they had it in stock. My wife went this morning to pick up my will call and nothing there. I had to tell him over the phone again what I needed and now my wife comes home with a note promising to order it tommorrow. It should be in on Monday. This car WAS my daily driver. Guess not this weekend.
Old 08-24-2001, 06:54 PM
Inactive User

Must be the So Cal sunshine but the friendly counter jocks at Hunter Dodge extends themselves for all orders. If any employee receives more than one customer complaint they will be looking for new employment. Motivation is good, they have the old manuals back to 1972 under the parts order counter, the last items I ordered were the instrument bulbs for early A-bodies and a grommet for the steering column. Old parts are researched on Dial, locations and quantities are available, if another dealer has the item it is shipped to your location at no additional cost. Antelope Valley Mopar club members receive a discount of cost +10. otherwise the prices would not be competitive. Mopar waits until they get a certian number of parts on order before they have them produced by the vendor, this causes quite a delay on some back ordered parts. The real draw back to ordering "P" parts is no warranty period, buy at your own risk, a hellava note for crate engine buyers.