Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

View Poll Results: Which Chrysler show car should see production?
New Dodge Charger 36 76.60%
300 Hemi Convertible 10 21.28%
Chrysler Crossfire 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2001, 02:12 AM

Default Chrysler to build Crossfire?

Here's the link to Car & Truck.com, but I just can't believe they won't build the Charger or the 300H first.
http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b082001.htm
Anyway, while I like the Crossfire, I don't think it's short back side is practical, and I do think there are a lot more folks interested in a Charger or 300H roadster, then this car. But DC thinks otherwise, what do you think?
Old 08-21-2001, 07:26 AM

But on a Mercedes platform! I don't care for the looks to begin with. Yuk!
Myron
Old 08-21-2001, 07:39 AM
Inactive User

Angry

First of all, here's a quote of BS!

"The Chrysler Group leads the industry in breakthrough vehicle design," said Jim Schroer, Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing. "The Chrysler Crossfire sets the tone for the sports coupe of the future -- much in the same way the Chrysler PT Cruiser redefined compact cars. It's a unique car that you fall in love with, a car that you aspire to own and are proud to drive. We recognize the importance of continuing to lead and being progressive. Crossfire is yet another example in Chrysler's long history of being nimble and turning concepts into reality."

I don't know about the "leads the industry in breakthrough vehicle design" but I'm certain that the PT Cruiser did NOT redefine compact cars. What a load of crock!

my two cents.
Old 08-21-2001, 09:39 AM
Inactive User

I like the crossfire BUT........Its NOT the HEMI powered tire melting Charger that I NEED!!!!! This car does not get me hard! Well you know what I mean. In all honesty I feel that the crossfire may be better suited to having a 3 pointed star on it's hood insted of a 5 pointed one.
ooo14
Old 08-21-2001, 10:40 AM
truck

if its built it will get my vote for ugliest car ever built, even over the aztek. here we go with the traditional european styling, on the chrysler website it said "traditional european styling with american muscle" im sorry but my definition of muscle is not a v6. i highly doubt that it will sell very well at all. chryslers new yuppiemobile!

the 300 hemi convertible doesnt look bad, but the charger looks alot better, and id like to see the charger first
Old 08-21-2001, 10:47 AM
Inactive User

To say the Crossfire is uglier than the Aztek might be a stretch....well, maybe not. The only thing uglier is the Hemi 8 concept, so I imagine the great European minds running (destroying?) the company will give it a go also.
Old 08-21-2001, 01:14 PM

The rear end reminds me of a dog with its tail tucked between its legs.

The morons at DC need to wake up and build what everybody ACTUALLY wants. The 300N Hemi and/or the Charger. They could scrap that FUGLY Crossfire and nobody would care.

They make a moronic decision to build this thing and then wonder why sales are dropping. I would honestly own a new GM or FORD, before I bought that thing!
Old 08-22-2001, 01:19 AM
Inactive User

I'm not surprised that they are willing to commit to such an ill-concieved concept. It goes with everything I've been saying about the DC guys. Don't expect a decent RWD V8 anytime soon...
Old 08-22-2001, 02:09 AM
Inactive User

Default Cross-Firearrow with Euro and you get...

Anybody remember the Dodge Firearrow in mid-50s? This car will probably be as successful. Buzz says poll showed 60% of Mopar people liked the Crossfire. So who was running up to Hanz and Franz DEMANDING that this car be built? IMO, the "Cross" in Crossfire stands for "cross-over"! DC aint interested in the wants and needs of us old farts. They are trying to woo the young and restless awy from GM, FoMoCo, and the Ricers.The Sooper8 is no homage to Amreican iron--its a MOCKERY! They are trying to apply Messershmidt design concepts in the 21st century. This Crossfire will sink faster than a U-boat confronting a "fork-tailed devil"!(P-38)
Old 08-22-2001, 01:38 PM

I think that they just have to many SLK frames and they needed something to bolt to them, as nobody wants the SLK.
Old 08-27-2001, 11:04 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

I think the PT did redefine small cars. Name me a more popular small car in the past 20 years??name me another car like it(thats sold in America). I think Hanz and Franz are right on the money with that statment. And I like the Cross FIre..the only bit of wording I dont like is the thought of "Traditional European styling"..THats a crock. Name me a European car that looks like a Crossfire and I will EAT it.
my .02
MW
Old 08-27-2001, 12:44 PM

Agreed, the PT did redefine both small cars and the retro look. But the big difference between the PT and the Crossfire is, the PT is pretty! The front end on the cross fire isn't so bad, But, it's like ehostler said, it looks like a dog with it's tail between it's legs. I also have to wonder, what would it be like if someone rear ended you at a stoplight with a nice Ram 2500, or an old New Yorker, or even a Minivan? I don't see much crush space on the rear of that car. That means instant acceleration for the passengers and driver when hit. You could end up with lawsuits of Pinto proportions. Give it some more trunk space, tone down the front end, just a little, and it may be ok. But it still isn't a new Charger.....
Old 08-28-2001, 02:40 AM
Inactive User

Default AMERICAN STYLING?

name me an american car it looks like. you call a v6 "american muscle"--eeenteresting...BUT RIDICULOUS!!!!!
Old 09-03-2001, 12:56 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

It looks like a Caddilac show car that came out about 4 years ago.
The New caddies have almost the same grill as the Crossfire..
Old 09-09-2001, 03:22 AM

Wink

Yeah, and any day a Mopar has something in common with a Gm product, that is never a good thing. I did just want to say, the link I posted up above, is no longer valid for the Crossfire info, Car-Truck has already changed that address for some Viper info. I should have realized that before I posted the link, that it could change, sorry bout that. But then again, you aren't missing much by seeing the crossfire anyway,lol!
Old 09-09-2001, 05:45 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down chrysler to build crossfire

the only thing this car has goin for it is that its a rear drive!
Old 09-09-2001, 09:52 PM
Inactive User

Crossfire, Crapfire!

Build the CHARGER you MORON'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......there, I feel better now.
Old 09-10-2001, 01:11 AM
Inactive User

Default Resistance Is Futile

DC Ag wants to distance themselves from the former Chrysler Corporation. car-truck.com talks about a show coming up in europe where "Chrysler Group" will unveil a couple of cars. They expect one to be the PT convertible and the other the Crossfire--both, it is hoped(by DC Ag)will be well recieved by the europeons. Yup, DC Ag reminds me of the "Borg", they have "assimulated" Chrysler and will use thier technology to assimulate others! --Auburn Hills, "We are DC(Borg). resistance is futile. Comply! Or be destroyed!!"
Old 09-17-2001, 01:00 PM
Inactive User

The web site doesn't say much, just has the rear view pic. It's ugly enough to be a hybrid - is that what it is? It looks to be in the same class as the Prius or the Insight, definitely not cars you would classify as hot, more like politically correct eco-tokenisms.
Old 10-04-2001, 08:59 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb . . . pics .. .

Old 10-04-2001, 09:26 AM
Inactive User

Thanks Ram Man, it looks much betterin those pics than the initial impression it made on the site. I'm going to keep those pics and use them next week in our auto feature at the paper where I work, on the new & concept page.
Old 10-04-2001, 10:10 AM

I still say that it looks like a dog with its tail tucked between its legs. It might be fitting for the current state of Chrysler under the Daimler dominance.
Old 10-04-2001, 10:20 AM
Inactive User

I agree. But it's new, so it's news.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:31 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

hey guys if your wondering wether the charger will be built or not check out www.motortrend.com/future/cars I hope this puts some minds at ease,I wonder if we will ever see it down under.
Old 10-07-2001, 11:21 AM

Sorry, but that is out-of-date. That design has been cancelled, was to have been planned in a different design once or twice, and now appears to be in limbo as there hasn't been any new encouraging info for a while.
Myron
Old 10-08-2001, 08:09 PM
Inactive User

I've said it before, you guys keep doubting - there will be RWD AND AWD 5.7L Hemi large cars! There are mules running around as we speak, and there will be most likely both a musclecar - not sure if it will look like the Charger concept or not, and the 300 series with the 5.7L based on the large car platform - LX. I see evidence/info EVERY day about it at the DCX plant I work at.
Old 10-20-2001, 04:40 AM
Inactive User

Default Charger planned for Production

Flash! Nobodys Still not sure if the Charger will be made!! Flash! the Concept Charger was dumped, no go, canceled, kaput, WONT HAPPEN! Everybody got that? Yes, we all know RWD platforms are in the works. You seen mules, ok, good. RAM MAN, doggone it, those Crossfire pics DO look good. Thanks. But have you seen the profile? You would'nt beleive it's the same car. Devoid of any character, shapeless looks like a 10 year old kid drew it.
Old 10-20-2001, 07:46 AM
Inactive User

I have a couple more pics that I took at last years auto show in Detroit (North American International Auto Show)

I'll see if I can dig them up.
Old 10-20-2001, 07:54 AM
Inactive User

heres a couple more from Corporate (until I can find some of mine - no where near this good)

Old 10-20-2001, 07:57 AM
Inactive User

Question not to change the subject,

and not really part of this poll, but what do you think about the Dodge Super8 Hemi concept vehicle ?