Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-26-2001, 12:31 AM
Inactive User

Angry Bristol bad for Dodge

The bristol race wasn't a steller performance for the Dodge boys.
If a Dodge couldn't be in the winner circle, Tony Stewart was a good substitute. I like him because he doesn't kiss any bodies a$$.

Old 08-27-2001, 12:19 PM
Inactive User

I wonder if the extra weight in the block hurt the Dodges at Bristol.

They may be heavy, but those Mopar cup motors do seem to be reliable. It wasn't that long ago that everybody figured the Dodge cup motors would break easy. Remember all the talk at the beginning of the season? Well the only engine to let loose yesterday was a Ford. And they rev the pi$$ out of those motors at Bristol. What rear do they run, 6: something to one? Awesome. And the Dodge motors all held together.

And Sterling Marlin finished respectable and holds on to 4th place in points, real close to Dale Jarrett in 3rd.

Heard early in the race on the radio that Ward Burton had a good car, too.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:38 PM

Burton did have a good car. He was running very well until he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He spun and couldn't get the starter to engage.
That put him 2 laps down. He got both of those back and still finished 12th.
He was the fastest car on the track at one point. I think Ward and the Davis team is overlooked. I'm a Sterling fan, but I also like Ward Burton. I think that in time, he will win one for the Dodge boys, too........Just my two cents............See ya at the track!
Old 08-30-2001, 01:28 PM
ram1500

Tony Stewart ain't nothing but a whiney-ass prick, Frankendart. Somebody needs to show him that NASCAR makes the rules, not Tony Stewart.

The Dodges might not have done any good at Bristol, but damn was it a good race! I've never seen a boring race at Bristol.

Old 08-30-2001, 05:12 PM
Inactive User

Yeah, I know he whines a lot, but they all do when something doesn't go their way. But he makes racing interesting.

Dale Earnhardt was one of the most aggressive, short tempered drivers to race in NASCAR, he was also one of the best .He practiced payback better than anyone. He was also the guy you went to the track to see, wheather you liked him or not. If you liked him you went to see him win, if you didn't like him you went to see him lose. He was the guy who made each race interesting. In my opinion that's how Stewart races too.

Your right, Nascar sets the rules, But it's always the bad boys that make it interesting.

The Dodges had a bad races, but I agree that the race was a really good one! I also think that the Dodge Teams put out 110% effort each week. Ward will put his car in the winners circle real soon too.

Ward Burton had a GREAT car Saturday night, but a bad day.

"That's just racin' "

Old 08-30-2001, 08:10 PM
Inactive User

We're singing from the same hymn book, Frankendart! I like Tony because of his lack of political correctness. Yes, he whines sometimes, but I'm convinced they are encouraged to do that. NASCAR doesn't make rule changes unless there is a lot of fan pressure to do so, and the only way to get the fans riled is to hear their favorite drivers crying the blues.

I couldn't stand Earnhardt in his early years, and even to the end I cheered for everyone to beat him. As the year went by, he cleaned up his driving to some degree, and became the grand old man. I never saw him stroking, and you can't say that about many drivers today.

He was good for the sport and I really miss him.