Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-26-2001, 01:02 PM
Inactive User

Default Race help please

Okay, so yesterday I get my truck back from getting my transmission and rearend redone. Well I have a 2200 stall now, and for some reason I still can't manage to take off well at all.

So if possible can some post the best way to stall? Because everytime I do it, I get to the point right before I start to power brake(at 2200 rpms) and I let off the brake and floor it. Well as soon as I do this my truck bogs down for a little bit then takes off...So what am I doing wrong here? Should I just ease into the gas instead of flooring it or what? Other than that my truck feels like it is a monster accelerating.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-26-2001, 01:43 PM

Cool

I've never raced with an automatic tranny car, but from what I've heard/read about you might not have enough stall for the gear ratio you are running.

Have you tried not loading up the convertor? Just letting it idle, then hitting the gas, there by "flashing" the convertor.
You might also want to look at the carb settings, you could be getting your "bog" from that?

I only have manual tranny cars...what's stall speed?

Good luck,
Jeff C.
Old 08-26-2001, 11:36 PM
Inactive User

With your combination 2,200 stall, 268 duration cam, small dual plane and carb and 4.10:1 gears you shouldn't have a problem with the combination. I think it is either the tune-up (timming, car jetting and accelerator shot) or a fuel delivery problem.
Old 08-27-2001, 01:16 AM
Inactive User

Can you locate the bog? Is it coming from the air cleaner? If you haven't done anything to timing then I'm 90% sure that's the problem.
Try putting in looser centrifugal springs and reduce the amount of vac.advance a bit. Or try what it does with vac. hose disconnected. Just a few thoughts.

BRs,
Old 08-28-2001, 03:43 PM
Inactive User

My drag car used to stall (bog down) on the line so bad that I thought it had cut off! It would bog for up to two full seconds before it would kick in, then it ran great down the track. Believe it or not it was all in the jet size in my carb. I went up about six sizes and it runs great. The size of the squirter and float level can affect this as well, but I would guess this is a carb issue. But to everyone else's point, get the timing down first