Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-27-2001, 12:48 AM
Inactive User

Default Pulled the 383 out, bout to order parts, need suggestions.

Ok, pulled the engine out today... needs a rebuild on the bottom end. What rebuild kit do you recommend? the block will need to be bored, i was thinking 30 over. have a couple of amature questions.

Will the larger pistons/Bore change the compression ratio?

Also, What compression ratio should i shoot for? i want to run on pump gas with no power adders...

What heads would you recommend? i want a street brawler with occational strip use. Goal is 400 HP.

No strokers, i want reliability, and there alittle too expensive.
Old 08-28-2001, 06:48 AM

Not sure what kit to use, but if you call someone like Mancini or Muscle motors they'll sell you all the right stuff. I'd build 9.5:1 comp for the street, edel rpm intake and edel heads, carb is up to you, but I like Holley. You need a good machinist to deck the block and get the cr close to specs. Have them open up the oil pickup and passages, use a high volume pump and deep pan/w/windage tray. Too many cams for me too help you there. I like the 484 but its kinda old now. You may also have to deshroud the block for larger valves, again, you need a good machinist on that block, and he'll need to know all the specs/components. Hope this helps. <><