Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-27-2001, 04:39 AM
Inactive User

Question Installing Front Wheel Grease Seals

I want to replace the front wheel grease seals on my 68 RR. It's got 11 x 3 Drum brakes. My problem is that I'm not sure what tool to use to install the seals. These older style seals are not flat on the backside, but instead have a small lip. These are not like the later style seals that I've installed before. This means that I can't use a standard Grease Seal Driver since that assumes that the seal is flat and the driver would crush the lip. Has anyone dealt with these seals? Do you know where I can get the tool to install these?
Old 09-01-2001, 04:26 AM
Inactive User

I've only had to do those once before years ago. I think I did the cheap and not so correct route of using black tape on the end of a screwdriver with a mallot to push them in. I'm sure Snap-on should have the right tool if you can afford it. My local guy has had verything I could think of so far. Try Snap-on or Mac before you try the other. Good Luck.