Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-28-2001, 07:20 PM
Inactive User

Wink is there any interest in a Mopar Streetrod Forum?

Since we are on the topic of new forums, I was wondering if there is enough interest in a Mopar streetrod forum?...vintage Mopars with mopar drive lines.......Mopar streetrods are special just go to any major rod show and you will find that out. Mopar chat should provide a forum where we can share ideas, locate parts, and just chat..........yes there are several streetrod sites, but most of them are for Ford/ Chevy, rod information. And this site is called MOPAR chat. ..How about a Streetrod forum?
Old 08-28-2001, 09:07 PM

Thumbs up

I'm all for it! I've gotten so utterly tired of all the street rod magazines with their blowtie powered/phord bodied rut, that I just refuse to subscribe, and just scan them standing at the magazine rack, just in case there MAY be something interesting. Time to end the 20 plus year rut of 350/350 powered fords. yawn! I think the Mopar rodders needs some place to go, cause it's very obvious, the magazines on the stands today, except for the Mopar specialty mags, won't covered anything except Rut Rods. Kit Car, Rod & Custom, Hot Rod Magazine, what's the difference? lol
Old 08-29-2001, 11:26 PM
CrAzYMoPaRGuY !!

Yes.
YES YES YES YES YES
Old 08-29-2001, 11:45 PM
Inactive User

I always thought it would be cool to do that ... vintage Chrysler iron with a NASTY Mopar small block.

I have never seen an old body one would start with in these parts & I imagine it's not much better elsewhere, so I have a lotta respect for people who actually complete a project of this type. Give them a space of there own to play in! I probably would not have much to offer, but it would make for some interesting reading.

Hey - would a '41 Willys with a blown 392 done up like an old 'gasser qualify? I mean it's authentic right? And Chrysler bought Jeep - which AMC bought from Willys ... yeah, I know - I'm pushin' it LOL it's just a dream I've had since I was a kid - I just LOVE them old gassers.
Old 08-30-2001, 07:42 PM
Inactive User

Default Can I vote yes twice?

Old 08-30-2001, 09:46 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Moparchat Streetrod Forum

Well I`m glad to see that I`m not the only one thats into OLD OLD MOPARS, do`nt get me wrong. I love mopar muscle cars and have had several...68 charger440/6pac, 71 duster 426hemi,64 polara 500 440 etc. but you know I think that I`m just burnt out on that type of car. When I go to a local show, I`ll walk past all of the mopar muscle cars....just to get a look at a 37 plymouth sedan, 34dodge pick up, or a 38 mopar coupe. It just holds my interest more . That is untill I look under the hood and see a chevy driveline ( all that I can figure is that the guy must be a fisherman..cause he`s got a nice chevy boat anchor).
So.......how do we go about getting moparchat to give us a streetrod forum?????? you know you would think that with as much interest that there is in streetrods today, that moparchat would want to be part of it, After all mopar is no just Pt cruisers, Cudas, & Ram trucks, We should not be left out. And if the B - body guys snicker when you say steetrod, maybe they should pull up at a light next to my 1933 DeSoto coupe, 426 Hemi, 4200 stall, 4.56....11.93@ 124 street driven rod ,and see if they are REALLY ready to play...I bet not.
who do we email ???
By the way my latest project is a 38 DeSoto coupe, 360 MOPAR, 902 driver. does anyone know of any parts ?
MOPARCHAT STREETROD FORUM
Old 09-01-2001, 11:07 AM
Inactive User

Y E S ! ! !