Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Rumors and Gossip, etc...

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-29-2001, 01:41 AM

Angry "The Bee sits in the garage on four flat Goodyears."

A sad statement , isn't it? That is a direct quote from David Freiberger, Editor in Chief of Hot Rod Magazine, in his Starting Line article at the very beginning of this October's Hot Rod Magazine.
I'll spare you his complaints on his Hemi Superbee, the one that he complains about , so publicly. What a shame it only ran 10.60's, he fails to mention so many other Hemi racers who go happen to have no problem going faster. So his next plans are to take a car to attempt a 200 mph run at Bonneville or El Mirage, then he says he's on the hunt for a 70-73 Camaro to do this with. I used to have a lot of respect for Mr Freiburger, and used to think it was great a Mopar guy worked at Car Craft, then Hot Rod. Looks like he sold out. what a shame. But I sure can't feel much sympathy for a fellow who has a pro street Hemi SuperBee in the garage, and doesn't even have enough gumption to keep the damned tires pumped up. Oh well, looks like more wonderful chrome valve cover installtion tips on small block shivvys, from Hot Rod, from now on. Hope he has fun with his blowtie.
Old 08-29-2001, 11:06 PM
Inactive User

Default Yup...

It's the same old story at HOT ROD as it is anywhere else, the only sure path to success & promotion is not the ability you have - but who's a$$ you kiss.

When he took over CAR CRAFT, it was a mess - nobody read it anymore. He managed to save it by picking a "rebel" direction. HOT ROD is a different story, he cannot rock the boat over there at the flagship of the (formerly) Petersen empire.

I stopped reading both HOT ROD & CAR CRAFT over 15 years ago, but a couple of years ago I happened to pick up a copy of CC & discovered a mag that was fun to read. HOT ROD has remained the same piece o' crap it has always been.

On top of which, CAR CRAFT has become more boring with each & every issue since Freiberger left.

He's made a career choice - the same way many of us do when we make choices to further our working lives. (pay raises, promotions, etc.) It's too bad it has to come at our expense.
Old 08-30-2001, 02:23 PM
Inactive User

Question Where's Home

Stoga,
What part of West Virginia do you live in? As you can see from my login name I to live in WV and am most definitely a MOPAR person.

David