Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-30-2001, 06:07 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin Stratus R/T vs 4.7 Dakota

The other night my sister was telling me how she got into two stoplight to stoplight races with an Alero, in her 01 Stratus R/T (3.0, V6, Auto), and edged it out both times. I guess she caught the racing bug because she asked me if I wanted to race her in my Dakota. Hell yeah!

We decided to have a quick race, the first one to put a car length on the other wins. We started from about a 15mph roll, I smoked the right rear quite a bit but still put a half a car length on her while i was spinning the tire. Once I hooked up I easily blew past her and then tapped the brakes. I know her car doesn't have very much power down low, so I signaled to go again at around 50 or 60 mph. Now Feeling pretty confident that I could take the R/T, I let her have half a car length and then floored it, I easily reeled her in and put 3 car lengths on her just for good measure, LOL.

I'm not sure If I should be proud of my Dak or ashamed for the R/T. I felt kind of bad for beating her new car so bad. Maybe I should have let her win??? Naaaaaaah
Old 08-31-2001, 01:12 AM
Inactive User

I have heard from others who have them that they run mid 15's on a good day stock.

My wife really wanted on when they first came out, but we decided on the Mustang since it had a V8, somewhat of an aftermarket (the stratus prob has none) and rear wheel drive.

the Stratus R/T is a really sweet car though... Awesome interior with lots of nice options
Old 08-31-2001, 02:24 AM
Inactive User

I agree, the Stratus R/T is a REALLY sweet car, this thing is great for a front driver, I couldn't feel any torque steer at all. It's actually more fun to drive than my Dak. Are those mid 15 second R/T's autos or manuals? My sisters car is an auto and I've heard it slows those cars down quite a bit, the car is still no slouch though, I guess I should be proud of my Dak
Old 08-31-2001, 04:55 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally posted by BLK00DAK
. Are those mid 15 second R/T's autos or manuals? My sisters car is an auto and I've heard it slows those cars down quite a bit,

not sure... it has been awhile since I spoke with that guy.. I emailed him and he responded. I remember I asked him about mods, he said NoS and a Turbo one day would be available.

the autos are the auto stick I believe.. I guess they really don't help that much
Old 09-01-2001, 05:32 PM
Inactive User

According to Autoweek the 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T with 5-speed manual did 0-60mph in 7.36sec and the Q-mile in 15.66@89.8mph