Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-31-2001, 03:37 AM
Inactive User

Default How much is it worth???

I've got a chance to buy a '65 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 door HT Commando V8. It's black, with a decent body - a little rust around the rear window. Tires, interior, headliner and dash are shot - TorqueFlite with console shifter. It has a 383 in a basket. The only reason I'm considering this is 'cause I've got a bunch of engines, trannies and rear ends laying around. Any ideas on what(if anything) I should pay? Also, I've never re-done a complete fix-up of an interior, so I have no idea what it would cost - not a concours re-do, just to make it into a nice driver. Can anybody help me out with some advice?.....Thank y'all, Doug
Old 08-31-2001, 06:05 AM
Inactive User

You could get an "old cars price guide" and look up the price as "parts car / builder" which may be worth a few hundred bucks?
Allot depends on how much you want the car or how bad the seller want's to get rid of the car.
I have gotten some decent cars really cheap because the seller just wanted them gone.
Examples: I got a 1980 Chevy truck for free, but it had a bad rod knock (everything else was very good condition.)
I got a nice low mialage 1968 Dodge Polara for $40. It wouldn't start so the lady who had it gave it to the grand kid who din't know how to fix it and din't want a bit 4-door anyhow. It had a blown fusable link from a shorted alternator.
I got a 1977 Cordoba for $100. It was fully loaded, 360-4bbl, sunroof, etc. It was lightly hit on drivers corner (did not even hurt the fender), but needed a new nose piece.

On the other hand I have paid too much for a car I really wanted, and being fairly rare they don't come up for sale very often.

As for the cost of the interior, it depends on if you just want it to be functional or a perfect restoration. Carpet and headliners are reasonably priced, but dashes, instrument clusters, wiring,seats can get expensive if you want good original parts.