Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-17-2000, 01:44 AM
Inactive User

My '68 Dart came w/ only a 2 speed wiper motor, so that doesn't leave me with too many options in the rain. I would like to take a new variable speed motor assembly from a newer car and install that. Does this sound feasible without too many modifications?

Also, If I tighten up the suspension on my car w/ bigger sway bars and torsion bars etc...., would this have an effect on how the car reacts in slick conditions? Will the car slide around more in corners since the tires won't react as much to the road, or will the stiffer suspension keep the tires planted well enough? Does anyone have any experience with something like this? With my car stock it slides around somewhat, but some of that problem is because the suspension bushings are almost gone, but i'm getting polygraphites soon, so that's being solved.
Old 11-17-2000, 08:49 AM
Inactive User

If you make your car so that it handles better on dry roads it will also handle better in adverse conditions.Upgrading your wipers to variable is simple,but not the way your approaching it,to update to a factory variable wiper system will require everything be changed including the wiring harness.There is a simpler solution,you can buy an add on variable speed controller for less than $20 that piggy backs your existing wiring giving you complete adjustability of wiper speed.Napa sells them....PRO..
Old 11-21-2000, 02:35 AM
Inactive User

What kind of wipers are you all using? The ones i got don't fit under the hood when not in use, so i don't want the hood to get messed up.

------------------
73 Charger 400
94 ZJ 318