Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-04-2001, 04:58 PM

Default I survived

Hey, yall, i made it back from Marine Corps boot camp all in one piece. My MOS is even Motor Transport, and i am on the drivers side, so i will get to be driving hummers, 5 tonners, etc. They probaby won't let me drive if they know i belong to a high speed club like this one. Hey, guess what im buying also-a 69 rr 440, 4-speed-but what sets this one apart is that this is the very one that Sox & Martin drag raced in 69 and early 70 before they switched over to the Cuda-only needs minimal work done to it-I will keep you posted. I think the last owner might have painted it a different color, so i might try to find some original pictures and paint it back with all the original numbers, etc. take care
Old 09-04-2001, 06:21 PM
Heavy Member

Congratulation on boot camp powerwagon! Good luck. Semper Fi
Old 09-04-2001, 10:16 PM

Thumbs up

And Congratulations on the Sox and Martin Roadrunner! Verify that one very carefully, and put it back to the way it was. You have a piece of Mopar racing history there, wish I was that lucky!
Post pics when you get the chance!
Old 09-04-2001, 10:24 PM
Moparchat Bronze member

Congrats on bootcamp and the car. Good luck on the car!
Where was boot camp? Were are you going NOW?
Old 09-07-2001, 04:59 PM

Cool

I leave Tuesday (010911) and head back out to Camp Pendleton, CA, for 17 days of combat training, then my schooling is at Ft. Leonardwood, MO, and i will be there for 6 weeks. After that, I don't know for sure. I am gonna try to verify this car, and the only thing i mite change is that the inside of the car is still set up for air, so i mite plop a compressor on the 440 and have a really fast car with air-hmmmmm-and probly a killer sound system.
Old 09-08-2001, 01:19 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up Fort Lostinthewoods huh...

You know, usually jarheads and squids dont get along....but since you speak MA-REEEN and MOPAR...you're cool in my book. Congrats on the bootcamp and the car.
CTI2(SW) Jones sends
USN
Old 09-08-2001, 01:27 AM

Powerwagon, there is no such thing as a Hummer key, an overhead buffer, or a BFA for a .50 cal. Likewise "chow line" and "grid square" are NOT commodities, and don't let anyone fool you into donning an asbestos suit to pull butts at the flamethrower range!! "Hey, Motor T...get off your butts and follow me, we are Marine Corps Infantry!" Sorry, had to sing that while I was writing it.

Cpl. Wander
Weapons Co.
1/9 1st MarDiv