Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-05-2001, 11:05 PM
Inactive User

Default Labonte gets the bird!

Yeah, I know Chevy has the deal with Warner Bros...............but it makes me wanna buick to see the Road Runner on a Chevrolet!

I can hear my 69 RR crying now................
Old 09-05-2001, 11:46 PM
Inactive User

Mine weeps also.
Old 09-06-2001, 04:09 AM

Thumbs down

It makes me sick too, I do know this, Warner Bros. has lost me as a customer. No more buying their trademarked merchandise! I have a Roadrunner myself, and I find it sad. What Warner Bros may not realize, is after this, would any car manufacturer want to put one of their characters on their cars, after seeing how easily Warner Bros, can sell out? They sure stopped any chance of Daimler-Chrysler using one of their characters again, of course, that is probably a highly unlikely even anyway. Why should Mopar pay Warner Bros to advertise their characters? They can keep them! Time to realize that naming cars after cartoon characters is as out of date, as using names like Meadowbrook or Cranbrook would be today. Besides, while I love my 68 Roadrunner, and the 70 I used to own, buying one today, would probably not be near as fun.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:29 AM

I was just browsing and came across these posts about the upcoming race.
If you are trying to tell me that Warner Bros. went to Chevy for any other reason than to advertise, you are trying to flatter yourself. I'm sure that they didn't even remember that Chrysler once made a car named a roadrunner, muchless do this to get a jab in at ma mopar. If you think so, you're out to lunch.
I'm a mopar fan, and I run a 360 in my modified, but to get upset over something like this is kind of stupid in my opinion. And that's all it is: MY opinion...................See ya at the track!
Old 09-06-2001, 12:08 PM
Inactive User

If you think WB will miss your money man then go right ahead, they will never know you are gone.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:19 PM

Well, they may not miss my money specifically, and I expect that it is more likely that GM went to Warner Bros, not vice versa. The part that is upsetting, is the fact that there will never be a Mopar based Roadrunner muscle car again, you can't be much of a Mopar fan if that doesn't bother you, just a little bit. If you haven't owned or driven a Roadrunner, you may not realize how fun they are. Beep Beep horn and that good Mopar muscle under the hood, is definetly a fun combination! I expect that GM mainly went to Warner due to the connection between Dale Earnhardt and Taz anyway, and the Roadrunner character just got tossed in with the deal. Nothing wrong with that, it's just you'd think WB could have kept one character out of the deal, for just in case. This is as irritating as letting them build a Chevy Viper or a Ford Cuda.
That's all. As for them not missing sales to me for my kids, well Pokemon, Digimon, SailorMoon, and Game Boy and others have been doing quite well, I expect Warner Bros wishes they had a bigger chunk of that pie. The companys that do get my money, seem just fine and happy to take it. They probably wish those companys and products I mentioned , hadn't taken their time slots on tv, either.
Old 09-07-2001, 11:59 AM
Inactive User

Default Speaking of Mopar names on Other cars

I know this is a bit off topic, but have you all seen the new Mitsushitsi Lancer? When I first saw the commercial for it I about threw my coffee table thru the TV. Then I realized what a waste of money that would have been. While I don't see WB's Roadrunner on a Chevy race car as much of a problem, (the general public won't get the connection anyway) I do have a problem with the Germans allowing Mitsushitsi to use the Lancer name.
Old 09-07-2001, 11:21 PM
Inactive User

Yep, I saw that commercial too. My wife said, "Didnt Dodge make a Lancer?" (this brought shock to me also that she would know that.........Osmosis?)

Whats next, the Mitsu Polara?
Old 09-10-2001, 09:27 PM
Inactive User

My biggest surprise is when I saw the commercial for the Grand Prix 2-3 years ago with the Coyote driving it and catching the Roadrunner. When I worked at a GM dealer my Volare Roadrunner
ruled that place. Gm products too scared of breaking or losing to race. I wanted to park it outfront on the car ramp.....hehehe.
Old 09-11-2001, 07:25 AM
DaPurpleRT

Well, Mitsu has had the Lancer in Japan for sometime. Ever hear of the Lancer Evolution? One badass car.... If Mitsu brought it over (like they are thinking about doing) it will blow away all the LS1 cars aside from Z06 and Ford's Cobra. All in a compact 4-door, it'd be wild.
Old 10-11-2001, 03:16 AM
Inactive User

Wink Just to prove that someone doesn't know what he's talking about. . .

the Lancer is here.