Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-13-2001, 02:18 AM
Inactive User

Default Out of the realm of this Forum.....

I apologize for doing this, but for those of you who pray, I'd like you to please say something in your prayers about my 3 sons who are in our combat arms. They are now all on the way somewhere - not permitted to tell me. Doug II - Army, anti-terrorist unit, David - Navy, aircraft carrier, F-18 Hornet trouble shooter, Darren - Army, Combat Engineer, Sapper, Demolition specialty.
I hope that you are not offended by this request. I just think that they need all the help that they can get. Thank you.....from Doug
Old 09-13-2001, 03:52 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

Default Never a problem to pray!

I'll pray for your kids. You pray for my freinds in downtown Manhattan. Still waiting on a call.
Old 09-13-2001, 04:15 AM
Inactive User

Although I usually do not pray,I will most certainly say my first one in a long time tonight. I will include your kids in it. I know it is so scary to be going through this but be proud,very proud. There is much at stake here. Confronting my mortality was easy when I was not a father yet..but now it breaks me down hard,being a father of a 18 month old princess which we both love so much,it hurts. We must remain positive about it all and stand strong.
Alex
Old 09-13-2001, 05:31 AM
Inactive User

Default where two or more agree

Blessed are the peacekeepers...
Old 09-13-2001, 10:23 PM
Inactive User

Doug, I believe you have an entire nation, including myself, praying for the safe return of your three sons as well as all the other sons and daughters who are on their way to defend our freedom and way of life.

Billy
Old 09-13-2001, 10:30 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

GOD BLESS AMERICA Yes we will all pray for all the men and women in all the services Duster Don
Old 09-13-2001, 10:35 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

GOD BLESS AMERICA Yes we will all pray for all the men and women in all the services Duster Don
Old 09-13-2001, 10:53 PM
Inactive User

I will say one for Your sons . I will be saying many for a while.
Jim GOD Bless America
Old 09-13-2001, 11:08 PM
Inactive User

Default Realm

Thank you all so much. It means a lot to me, and it will to my boys. Keep the faith. NEVER forget. When they come home, treat them well. They are doing what they do for all of us,
Old 09-14-2001, 12:26 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

And let's all pray for the thousands of people whose husband, wife, mother, father, brother, sister, friend, will never come home. And wisdom for the leaders of our nation. GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Old 09-14-2001, 03:27 AM
Inactive User

Cool Hooraay for the U.S. of A.!!!!

You better believe I'll be praying. For the souls of those who were so viciously taken from us. For the rescuers who are risking their lives trying to find survivors. And for the brave men and women serving in our armed forces who have the unpleasant task of ridding our world of the painful thorn in our side that has been throbing and festering for too many years. This time they went too far.

Yes, Doug, we all join with you in praying for your boys' safe and succesful mission and speedy return home.

Joe
Old 09-14-2001, 05:54 AM
Inactive User

Default praying from holland

many praying for all off you from holland !
Old 09-14-2001, 04:27 PM
Inactive User

I'll be on my knees right next to you Doug. For your sons and for my brother (father of 5) who is being called out of the reserves. My heart has been with the men and women as well as children who are still missing. Joyful of those who have survived and come out of this to be able to tell their stories to future generations and proud as hell of the people who knew the danger and ran in anyway to save those they have never met. The three men on the plane in Penn. who fought the terrorists are the greatest heroes I can think of now. We're all with you, and anyone else who stands with and behind the people who make AMERICA great! Don't Tread on me!
Old 09-14-2001, 10:23 PM
Inactive User

Nothing wrong at all in asking for HIS help. Also nothing wrong in your post either Doug,please don't apologize for it at all.Frankly I'm a bit surprised that nothing has been said on this forum about the sadness this country is going thru,but that may be my own fault. I will say many prayers for your sons Doug,and also for all the people that have been hurt by this tragic event.Also as a side note,please donate blood,the people of New York and our nation's capital are going to need it very badly.Thanks, Christopher.
Old 09-14-2001, 10:44 PM
Inactive User

to all of you on mopar chat. be strong and pray for all of our brothers and sisters that will be fighting for our freedom. we will be fighting a very different war. these are people that don't give a damn about life. freedom is a four letter word to them. we have a nation that is a loving nation. they dont want to see that. but make no mistake about it, they have wakin a sleeping giant.there is no way that these hateful people will get away from us. we will find them and eradicate them. we are a strong nation that will stand together hand in hand. worry? yes we will worry. its human nature. but when our backs are against the wall, there is going to be a fury that these people will see that is going to be ten times more powerful than what took place in our country this past week. belive me if anybody is scared, THEY ARE!but its to late.the damage is done,lives are lost, and we as a nation must do something about it. these people wii be brought to justice. remember, we are one nation,under god, with liberty and justice for all. keep the faith---------------- and never stop praying.
Old 09-14-2001, 11:26 PM
Inactive User

Doug My prayers are with Doug ,Darren,And David as is my encouregment, lets go get those responsible .I wouldent mind being right next to them saying lets Go!!! I second SixPac Man, The GIANT HAS AWAKEND. And if need be I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPORT !!!!!........
Old 09-15-2001, 12:50 AM
Inactive User

Lightbulb

I will pray for them as I will for all the men and women in uniform as they are the real Hero,s to do what they do !! Ron
Old 09-15-2001, 01:38 AM
Inactive User

Default Realm

This response means so much to me, you all! I have decided to save this thread and send it to each of my Sons, as soon as I know where they are. I know they will feel as I do ....so grateful for your prayers and support. These are all tough kids on the cutting edge of the sythe of our defense. Only God can save those fools who have brought our wrath down upon them. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and GOD BLESS AMERICA
Old 09-15-2001, 02:53 PM

I think that in this time of distress, prayer is a good thing, and definitely in order. Not only to remember the ones who were lost, but also to remember the ones who are going to go serve. Me and about 10 other Marines were stranded in Dallas by this, and we were all on our way to Camp Pendleton, CA, which is on the highest alert in the nation, so we don't know what to expect when we get there. I (and my fellow jarheads) are proud to be serving our country right now, and i know that i want to get back at whoever the hell did this, and i hope i get my chance. However, i know my family and friends don't want me to go, and i know that is the same way with all the rest here, and all over the nation and world. I am filled with pride at how all americans have[pulled together over this deal, and i only wish we showed this kind of patriotism with this kind of tragedy. Please remember all who died in prayer, and also, please pray for (and thank when you see them) all members of all service branches for serving their country. Thanx.
Old 09-15-2001, 04:31 PM
Inactive User

Doug your kids make us very proud and i do prey for there safty.
-mike
Old 09-15-2001, 05:04 PM
Inactive User

To all the U.S.A,

We here in Canada wish all of those envolved the best. Let me tell you, when all this happened, there was not much being done at work. We all just watched in Horror and disbelief. We here in Canada will stand shoulder-to-shoulder beside our friends and allies to the south, and will stand behind whatever has to to be done.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Mills
Old 09-16-2001, 11:50 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

We're with you Doug. The praying is the easy part.
Old 09-16-2001, 07:35 PM
COMPLETELY MOPAR MEMBER

My prayers include alot of people these days. I'm only too glad to add you and your family.

Take care,
Rich
Old 09-17-2001, 01:27 AM
Inactive User

No prob doug,and I'll add that these terrorist are exposed beyond a doubt,and that the world takes an active stand with us to remove terrorism completely,..............PRO.............
Old 09-17-2001, 03:22 AM
Inactive User

doug we in australia (im sure everyone thinks this way)will support you your sons and everyone else in the us and the world to pray for peace to eventually grace our world
Old 09-17-2001, 12:03 PM
Inactive User

Default Realm...

Once again, my heartfelt thanks to all of you who have responded to my message. I thought you may want to know, that through the news media I have found out that my Son David's aircraft carrier, the USS Carl Vinson (Nimitz class - second newest carrier in the fleet) is now on station in the Persion Gulf. David's F/A-18s are there and ready to deliver the scum who perpetrated this act to their earned reward.
Unfortunately, I have received no further word of Doug II or Darren.
Thank you all again for your prayers and your concern, and ....GOD BLESS AMERICA
Old 09-21-2001, 02:51 PM
Inactive User

Doug II called yesterday on some military comm net. He's OK. Don't know where and don't know for how long, but he's OK. Dave has been transferred to the John C. Stennis via air. No word from Darren. Thank you all again and ...GOD BLESS AMERICA
Old 09-21-2001, 08:08 PM
Inactive User

I will be saying a prayer for your sons as well as everone that was lost or injured, and everyone that will be risking everything for our freedom in the future. For all my fellow firefighters and all the military personnel. Just remember one thing, I believe with all my heart that jesus will help us get through this and continue to be there if we dont forget him when life gets somewhat back on track for us. You
know they always said he came down to earth in a FURY , I think it was b5 blue but im not sure. GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD TAKE CARE