Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-13-2001, 04:54 PM
Inactive User

Question New Hood

What do you guys think of my new hood/scoop? I have not seen many A-body fastbacks with these hood scoops on them but I needed the clearance. The hood is a Glasstek bolt on and also a Glasstek scoop. The scoop is a bolt on with the flange on the inside. I wanted a sharp line between the green and white so I did not mold it in. The hood was a pain because I used some old reducer for the base coat. Strip and reshoot. But I did it in my garage with no help. Zebra stripes really give a hood charactor.
Old 09-13-2001, 06:46 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

I think it looks real good. I'm looking for a hood scoop like that to put on my 68 satellite. Is it a quality peace? How does it mount (I have a steel hood)? Is there a web site from where you bought it? How about the cost? Sorry about all of the questions.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2001, 06:51 PM

Thumbs up

Looks Good! Not molding the scoop in, means not having to worry about stress cracks in seams, later. nice job!
Old 09-13-2001, 11:25 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Looks good. I was thinking about using Glastek for a hood and fenders for my 68 dart. Are you happy with the fit and finish? Was there alot of prep work? I'd like nothing more than to see it in person. Are you going to the Chicagoland Mopar Connections Hog Run Oct 7th in Joliet? Bring a toy, make a kid happy , and enjoy a day of mopars.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:39 PM
Inactive User

Default Glasstek Hood

The hood was pretty nice. No filler needed, just filler primer and sanding. The scoop is a little thin but it should work fine. The underside of the hood looks like a stock hood with all reinforcements like a stocker. It is a bolt on hood not a pin. I think the pin on hoods have no reinforcements except around the perimeter. I also painted a 68 Chevellette hood from them that was a little rough. 5 or 6 spots that needed filler. I do not have any info on them except their address and #. I think my 74 Dart hood is the same as a 68 Cuda. Thats what I heard. The only problem I had was that the hood springs were way too tight. I took off the hinges and found them to be Watch type springs. I took the spring off the hinge and cut the hook off the end and a little more and had a friend heat up the end to put a hook end back on. The one that was on the left side is now on the right and has good, lighter pressure. Feels good.
Glasstek # is (630) 978-9897 Naperville Illinois.
Old 09-15-2001, 08:50 AM
HOT ROD JOHN

Nice Hood!!!!!! Hey I helped put it on, hahahaha
Next time move the Ram before the pic lol