Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-21-2000, 08:38 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

I am currently trying to build a web site dedicated to C-body cars and need your input. I'm looking for tech info, magazine articles, pics, links, etc.etc...
I'm also looking for input on what info you would like to see. My goal is to have the best C-body site on the web! Where someone can find the info that could help them finish their project or repair their daily driver. Any info you could supply would much appreciated! Thanks for listening.
Thunderhead
p.s. Feel free to e-mail me with questions or comments!
Old 11-21-2000, 08:55 AM
Inactive User

Good
My wife and I have 3 C-bodys. The 68 Chrysler Town-N-Country 9 pass wagon, The 70 Newport conv, everyone here has heard about, and a 77 Newport with a 413 in it. Thats where I got my screen name. Which was also my first Mopar. We have the sefvice manuals for all three C -bodies if that might help a little. I have a bunch of other links for C-bodys, gotta find them though. Hot Rod did a 4 wheel disc conversion on a 70 Sport Fury. I was in shck when I saw that. Hot Rod do an article on a Mopar, yet alone a C-body. I'll look and see if I can find any links. Good luck on the site. I'm very interested in how it will turn out.

Bob
Old 11-22-2000, 03:07 AM
Inactive User

You have my support- My first cars (actually dad's) were a '66 300 and later, a '70 NY'er. I later bought a '72 Monaco for myself- a real sleeper with Dual exhaust & a 400 4bbl. I would include the Sport Fury. Also, there are some great Police Cruisers out there. I just saw an article on collecting these, which included the Polara, Monaco & Fury. I don't recall which issue/mag, but someone out there probably does. If you are interested in the Cop car angle, there should be a club affiliated with your local highway patrol, or at least someone who shows up to law enforcement events with old PD Cruisers. Good luck!
Old 11-22-2000, 04:50 AM

I know you will have my dads support. He has a 67 dodge monaco wagon with a 383 auto, its white with woodgrain and black interior, and it has 4-wheel disc brakes FROM THE FACTORY, thats right 4-wheel discs from the factory in 1967, my grandfather can prove it since he bought the car brand new on Oct. 18, 1966. It also has a special grille that has not been seen on any other c-body. He just finished restoring it. He has also had a 70 new yorker, all black with a 440.

------------------
M....massively
O....over
P....powered
A....and
R....rare
Old 11-22-2000, 08:57 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies and the support! Those factory manuals could have alot of valuable info. I'll keep you posted as to when the site goes online. Thanks again guys!
Thunderhead
Old 11-23-2000, 02:48 AM

Biggrin

I have a '67 Polara 9-pass wagon, 3rd owner, 383 auto, ps, pb, air, AM, cop caps, and little else in options. It's a slick, dependable, 99% original ride. Holler when you want some pics!
Old 11-23-2000, 05:22 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Ive been a c-body fan for years.Also like the wagons.I'm interested in the police equipped cars.My favorite being the 72&73 fury x-trooper cars.My first car was a 72 440 x-virginia state tobbacco and firearm car.Ive been looking for another for awhile now.Had a 73 polara 440 interceptor too.Also had a 66 monaco 440,a 69 fury wagon with a transplanted 440 that I made into a panel delivery,and my high school buddy and I built up a 66 newport we cruised and dragged in back in the 70's.I'll see if I can scare up any old pics.
Old 11-23-2000, 07:36 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Thanks again guys! I will not be able to do this without your help. It's going to take me awhile to compile all the info and get it online but I think it will be really helpful to C-body guys and gals.
C Ya,
Thunderhead
Old 11-23-2000, 09:14 PM
Inactive User

I know the site I made is about Dusters, but you can use it for a site setup guide. Maybe you will get some Ideas from it. it is at http://duster.excelland.com
Old 11-24-2000, 08:08 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Thanks Goldduster! You know what I'm trying to do! It has been a steep learning curve. I already have some good info and links to add. Still don't have the pics of my Fury yet but everything else seems to be moving along. Keep that info coming! Thanks to all!
Thunderhead
Old 11-28-2000, 11:06 PM
Inactive User

There's already 3 sites that I know of and a mailing list as well, but the more the merrier! I have the FSM for the 66 Polara/Monaco line as well as the dealer parts book for all 66 cars if that'll help. Good luck!
Old 11-29-2000, 07:21 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

Bert, I could really use all the info I can get! LOL! BTW, what are the addresses to these sites? I would really like to check them out! I don't know what these sites have done. I really want to be the #1 place for C-body info and tech. Are you wanting to sell them or could you send me info via e-mail? Let me know, just send me an e-mail. Thanks Bert!
C Ya,
Kelly aka Thunderhead
Old 11-29-2000, 03:04 PM
Inactive User

OK, here they are: http://www.insidetheweb.com/mbs.cgi/mb784194 http://www.insidetheweb.com/mbs.cgi/mb314056 http://cbody.webhop.org http://www.egroups.com/group/mopar_c_body/

The last site is the one where you can subscribe to a C body mailing list. It's pretty active.

I'm not in the market to sell my reference materials, but I'll be happy to provide what information I can from them.
Old 12-01-2000, 03:05 AM
Inactive User

Bert, I checked them out. I had seen them before, matter of fact I'm putting a link to the "C-body Dry Dock" page on my site. My site is totally different from these sites. I'll keep you posted as the day draws near to unveil my creation. I hope you guys will like it.
Thunderhead