Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-22-2000, 12:44 AM
Inactive User

Red face

I am complaining about the issue with the 426 smallblock stroker in it. The whole article is a bunch of crap that everyone should already know. It appears that old chuckie is doing the usual running of his mouth, because the article said basically nothing. It seems that their magazine is turning into a big advertisement for Muscle Motors. I have had Chuck tell me how slow my car was at the 98 mopar nats right before I ran against Mike Robbins. I beat Mike(by sheer luck) because his nitrous was not working properly. I went a 10.6 in a smallblock street car that I completely built myself(342 w-2 heads solid cam 3400# Valiant with 175 hp nitrous), while Chuck said"Thats slow, I built a 360 last week in a 3000# car that went 10.0 without nitrous. I would like to see this Duster that he was talking about. When later questioned about that race, Chuck said that this win did not count because of the nitrous problem. The last time I knew, any win counts in dragracing. I did have the true meaning of drag racing though, I had fun. Most people lose touch with this fact. All the people that I ran against were great, including: Steve and Sheila Bowman, Tim Murcluwitz(not sure of the spelling), and Mike Robbins. Enough of my rambling, but I think we should complain to Mopar Action about being so favoriting one engine builder. They sould do more buildups from places like Tranzact, Koffels Place, and Hensly. I have personally talked with each of these shops, and none of them tried to belittle me like Chuck Senatore. Mopar Action needs to be a little more open minded. Just my .015( not 2 cents like others because I inhaled too much N2O and race gas and my brain is not up to that much anymore)
Old 10-22-2000, 11:57 AM
Inactive User

First. congrats on getting your car in the "program" in KOS. It sounds like you know what you're doing! I think guys that are used to running in the 8s or 7s, etc., begin to view any lessor time as "slow". I think that is thier 'mind-set' and not really a slam against you personally. I think i read recently that Robbins is running a small-block Duster now! Bur it's a mystery what happened to his Hemi powered Road Runner...hhmm

------------------

Old 10-23-2000, 09:58 PM

Come to think of it, BugEyedValiant, you're right, I have been seeing Muscle Motors mentioned a lot lately. I don't have to go far around here to find people who think they know it all, and even though I prove them wrong, they never admit it, they only make excuses. If the other guy redlights in a bracket race, you could PUSH your car down the quarter mile and win! Mopar Action should go to different machine shops, or at least mention them. There's a place 20 or 30 or so miles from here, I've heard it referred to as either "Tom's Auto Machine", or "Tom Hemphill Racing Engines". He has a B-1 powered Barracuda that runs fast, I think in the 7's or 8's or something like that. I've seen his name in the Mopar magazines where he won classes of racing at the bigger Mopar events. Mopar Action hasn't talked much about Ray Barton lately, and whatever happened to the One Lap Valiant? I saw it at Mopar Carlisle last year, and saw Rick Ehrenberg at his seminar. He claimed he was too busy to go to the One Lap. What is his job if it is not to race and make Mopars look good? I don't know. Someone else I don't like is that Dick Landy, who writes a Q and A column in one of the Mopar magazines every month. His answers are debatable at times, and he often answers only half the question the reader gave him. Other people do that too. You're left wondering what the rest of the answer is.

[This message has been edited by Tim_K (edited October 24, 2000).]
Old 10-24-2000, 12:09 AM
Inactive User

I am glad I am not the only one to notice this. I think everyone that agrees should at least e mail Rick and tell him about it, because I heard it through the grape vine that Rick says that he has never had anyone to complain about this. His address is: mrmopar@computer.net If anyone has an opinion about this subject, please post a message telling it, because I want to know. Isn t that what this message board is for anyway?
Old 10-24-2000, 12:15 AM
Inactive User

I havn't read MoPar Action in while because it is bi-monthly and a subscription is more expensive than Mopar Muscle witch is monthly.
I remember a few of the writers of MoPar Action wrote for Cars Illistrated. That was a 'hard core' car magazine that folded. Maybe it died for similar reasons to what you discribe.
Old 12-02-2000, 06:57 AM
Inactive User

Just getting this noticed again. Please respond any input you have.
Old 12-02-2000, 07:07 AM
Inactive User

Hey Bug, do you ever get over to Oceola? I run my 70 Duster there.