Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-23-2001, 11:09 PM
Inactive User

Default Will this work? (Brakes)

The more I read, the more confused I get. I would like to convert the drum brakes on my 68 RR from drum to BAER's E-Body disc brake system. I have the disc brake spindles (steering knuckles) from a 73 Challenger, will these bolt up to my car without changing the suspension geometry? I have read extensively where 73-76 A-Body spindles will bolt right in, but I have only seen a couple of places talk about the 73-74 E-body spindles. Are these spindles the same?

Secondly, if these spindles are the same, then won't the BAER system also bolt onto a later model A-Body? If so, why don't they say so?

If I'm able to use these spindles, I will be putting the stock (11") stuff on at first until I can afford to change my 14" rims to 15". To that effect, where can I find new caliper pins? Also, since I have a sway bar, I'm assuming I will have to swap sides so that the calipers are on the rear, is that true?
Old 09-24-2001, 01:31 AM
Inactive User

Yes they WILL work,the reason the 73-76 A body spindle is mentioned more often is because its more common,in fact the B body stuff for the same yrs is VERY hard to find. Personally I think the baer stuff is way overpriced,its great performance stuff though,you can use 76-79 B body(cordoba,charger,etc) with the bigger rotors(11.75),calipers and caliper mounts,itll cost the same as the A body stuff but offer better braking,they too will require 15" wheels though.............PRO......